Any info on this company?

tmoore

Screenshot_20190629-142623_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20190629-142523_Gallery.jpg
Is anybody familiar with this manufacturer and can give any info on these ceramic plates. I cant seem to find any info. My Google-fu is lacking. I want to sell them allong with a BFG MOLLEminus carrier but I need more info in the armor first

HighTower

Try NIJ and Just.net to find the NIJ certified items... mind you it could be individually lab rated on particular rounds.

Call the company and ask for an email of their certs. If they get butt hurt... I'd be concerned.

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
It is 21 years old. It’s very likely to be beyond and manufacturer warranty. Unless someone wants it as a weight it’s not likely to have much value.

tmoore

It is 21 years old. It’s very likely to be beyond and manufacturer warranty. Unless someone wants it as a weight it’s not likely to have much value.
I was thinking as much. How do ceramic plates age tho? What effect do the years have on them if they have been otherwise well taken care of?

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
Industry generally warranties for 5 years. Ceramic can crack and should be x rayed to inspect for cracks routinely.

It’s not necessarily that the materials weaken although at 21 years they might.

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
Ah yes the company was Supreme Protector. They had some DOS and Navy contracts. They made what we commonly refer to as Ranger Body Armor although they were not the only one nor were they the largest manufacturer. I have a set of those plates as well. I used the vest in 97 in Yugoslavia then again during the invasion of Iraq. The company website is still up I believe. It was pretty good stuff for the time period. They also made EMS vests before anyone else, a PASGT vest with hard plates, and some load carriage kit. I just moved and may have thrown it away but I had a vintage catalog from 1997.

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
They were NIJ level 4 and weigh a ton. All ceramic. The label under that one has the testing data. I might get a picture tomorrow. My labels were not over each other.

HighTower

Actually, as a historical piece, they might become worth money to a collector eventually. I know its lame t ok advocate to retain something heavy and useless if not in use, but original ARs are now curio and relic status.