Ankle holster tips for skinny people.

Sigma05

Amateur
I searched the forum for info on ankle holsters and only found info on different manufacturers. I have been contemplating ankle holsters for a long time. Especially now that I got a Glock 43. My 26 would also be an option since it can run my G19 mags, which is my primary. I'm looking for tips from experienced people. Mainly from skinny people. I'm 5-10 and weigh 160. I usually wear baggy Carhart pants so no issues with skinny pants. I tried a leather holster with the calf strap that I was suggested at LGS. It was extremely comfortable but it printed like crazy and was obvious. I tried it on both legs and it really was just as bad. Holster has no cant adjustment. What are the skinny people on this forum running and what tips would you suggest? Should I run it higher up? Problem I see with that is that I makes it harder to access. Would a canted holster help? It seems like the only low profile holsters out here are the cheap neoprene and elastic band ones. I don't feel comfortable with those since the tigger is not safe from foreign objects. I definitely want something with some form of retention for when I take my 6 year old to the park or are playing around. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ptrlcop

Established
I'm approximately your build and have been running a G43 with a Galco for over a year. There is some minor printing but nobody notices.

As an example I often put my feet on my desk in my office and the end of the gun is often visible. Despite this, one of my coworkers that I share the office with, and would expect me to have guns had no idea until I pulled up my pant leg to adjust it one day.

Andrew Y.

I'm approximately your build and have been running a G43 with a Galco for over a year. There is some minor printing but nobody notices.

As an example I often put my feet on my desk in my office and the end of the gun is often visible. Despite this, one of my coworkers that I share the office with, and would expect me to have guns had no idea until I pulled up my pant leg to adjust it one day.
Would that be the ankle glove or one of the other models.

Sigma05

Amateur
I was going to ask the same question. I looked on Galco's page and they don't have a Lite for the 43. Only the 26. Are you using the 26 version. For your 43? Is the firearm canted any in the holster?

ptrlcop

Established
Sorry, yes it is for a 26. I had it laying around from a past ankle carry experiment.

It's very hard to take good photos of your ankle, but here are a few.
89bdc4f9ee9cca1092fb2250846a14da.jpg
72c879f5b5d9763bbd76a5fd81a231e4.jpg
c2659381d4b692e26de67a31468b0c04.jpg

Sigma05

Amateur
The one I bought was leather like the glove and it's quite bulky. I actually like the idea of being able to use the 26 too since it can use my 19/34 mags.

Casey

I carried a Galco Ankle Glove with G26 daily for about two years. Lately I've been using a DeSantis Die Hard for my M&P Shield, because there isn't an Ankle Glove for that model. Boot cut pants, especially of a heavier weight, will help. Other than that, try rotating the holster so it's more in front of your calf than on the side of your leg (meaning more toward the 2:00-2:30 than the 3:00 position).

NCBeagle

i use the wilderness ankle holster by far the best one i have used yet slimline and comfortable

Agree 100%. The Wilderness Tactical Renegade is the best all around, in my experience. Ankle carry is not my preferred method. It is just the best option for me in a business casual work environment. Used the Wilderness Tactical holster for a few years. Tried quite a few others. The Wilderness Tactical is comfortable all day. It is not bulky. I prefer the full elastic to the leather shell for concealment and comfort.

NCBeagle

Figured that I would drop this here in the ankle carry thread...

Just received a Prince Gun Leather Ulrich ankle holster (Smith J Frame), with index break, from David Prince...it is fantastic in every respect. Incredibly comfortable and secure. Top notch craftsmanship. More to follow...