An Interesting Perspective

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
I came across this as I scrolled through the PSA sales email this morning. I know we often like to beat on Palmetto State Armory but if genuine, and I have no reason to doubt it yet, this guys take on combating gun control efforts is interesting. His main point is that he’d like his legacy to be that he produced so many AR’s that it negated any effects if certain types of gun control were inacted. While an all out ban that required you to turn in your guns would not be defeated by this strategy another 94 style ban might not have the same effect anymore. While fighting to increase our rights is the path forward this guy might be stacking the sandbags so to speak behind us at our fort. It appears he wants to stack them sky high. Maybe he’s more of an ally than we treat him. I’ve never considered this approach but there may be merit in it. Thoughts?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/blog/the-palmetto-state-armory-story.html

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
There are far more effective ways to combat anti 2nd legislation and propoganda though. He doesn't want to get rich off of product salses, cool. Donate profits to organizations that are effectively fighting and educating against that.

We're cranking out more privately owned firearms than any other point in history, yet are we seeing any positive change because of that?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
It’s a Pace Plan I think. All the eggs should not be in one basket. I just thought it was an interesting way for one individual or company to look at the problem differently and to do something that I’d not considered as another effort. I’d assume a place like that is lobbying as well. I wonder what their production numbers are so far towards this effort? I just found it interesting as a secondary approach.

Brap&Bang

Amateur
I know we often like to beat on Palmetto State Armory but if genuine, and I have no reason to doubt it yet, this guys take on combating gun control efforts is interesting. His main point is that he’d like his legacy to be that he produced so many AR’s that it negated any effects if certain types of gun control were enacted.

I've seen other advertisements from PSA that said their basic goal is to get as many decent firearms into the hands of as many people as possible by making them inexpensive.

I like the concept and I've purchased parts from them in the past for hobby guns. I got a guy a work to begin building AR15s because palmetto makes parts/kits so affordable. The more enthusiasts we can build, the more "gun culture" spreads. Politics and culture influence each other. In my mind its a good idea to make cheap guns to bring more folks into the black rifle culture in order to prevent more gun grabbing. I like PSA for that reason.