American Confederation of Tactical Shooters 2 gun

Low_Speed_Notper8or

Evidently these guys are affiliated with Ian and Karl over at Inrangetv and put on a match similar to their 2 gun action challenge.

The place the hold the matches is up in battle creek Michigan and I just signed up for their April match. Anyone here ever shoot an ACTS match in Michigan? Anything weird about their rules? Any idea on how many magazines to bring?

Also if any P&S guys in the chicagoland or northern Indiana area want to go I will be happy to carpool.

ammomfg

I'm not familiar with them, got a link?

I very much like the 2G-ACM that Ian and Karl have been doing, I was doing something similar before they started talking about it, but it was a 3-gun event (pistol, carbine, shotgun) I've since expanded it to being a 3/4 gun event. The major problem for me, is that being in california, there's a lot of modifications that need to be made to guns in order to keep them legal, and the AR being the dominant platform amplifies this problem.

As such, I've been moving over to a 3-gun format of Pistol, Precision Rifle, and Shotgun. This kinda keeps it fair for everyone, and keeps people out of trouble.

McQueen

I'm geographically close to the ACTS group in Michigan as well, but haven't checked out a match yet. I asked Karl about them a while ago, and he said they split off from ACTS a long time ago "over differences of opinion regarding grounding guns and hot reholstering."

He said they're similar to 2G-ACM and didn't discourage me from checking them out. I still plan on attending a match eventually, injuries permitting.

Low_Speed_Notper8or

I'm geographically close to the ACTS group in Michigan as well, but haven't checked out a match yet. I asked Karl about them a while ago, and he said they split off from ACTS a long time ago "over differences of opinion regarding grounding guns and hot reholstering."

He said they're similar to 2G-ACM and didn't discourage me from checking them out. I still plan on attending a match eventually, injuries permitting.
Well I'm attending the April 14th match, so if you want to come out, shoot me a PM and you can carpool with me.

Heck I got a spare rifle if you need one.

JMaxwell

Well I'm attending the April 14th match, so if you want to come out, shoot me a PM and you can carpool with me.

Heck I got a spare rifle if you need one.
Any update? It’s a little bit of a drive and I’d have to take some time off to do it, but I’m definitely interested.

TCB

Amateur
I’ve shot the one in Tucson that the inrange guys put on. It’s a fun match but the people who attend are...hmmm...one guy with an AK, rice paddy hat and black pajamas, his buddy with M16 and full tiger stripe cammo and some other knucklehead with a Mauser, WWII era German helmet & trench coat. There is a strong basement dweller/ cosplay contingent who attend. Fun match though.