ALG 6 Second Mount - Please read prior to use

K Williams

Just received, installed per instructions (removed rear sight, front sight appeared to be ok during dry manipulations so I left it on the slide).

Live fire had different results. FS cleared the shield but contacted the front edge of the mount beneath the optic. Some superficial gouging at the front edge of the mount (no big deal), but my Warren tritium front got smashed up pretty good (no longer a night sight). 3 stovepipes/case pinned between optic and slide due to this contact.

Do yourself a favor and remove your front sight (it's not visible anyways with the blast shield in place).

fmxmyway

Whats your assessment of the ALG mount vs. slide mount if you were not using the 17 as a dedicated duty gun? You obviously cant carry a 17 with ALG mount on your person but I would think a major plus to the ALG is it maintains the integrity of the RMR. I know everyones mounting them on there slides but I would very interested to hear from the of the delta guys that are running them now since that supposedly why the mount was created in the first place.