ALG 6 Second Mount, Glock 19 with KKM?

praharin

Hello, new guy here with an odd question

So I saw a photo recently of a Glock 19 with the 6SM on it. It overhangs a little, but the owner says it works well enough. He wasn't able to speak on any compact comp on the market though.

Has anyone here tried this setup? I have a micro setting around with nothing going on, and I'm leery to slide mount after trying it early on. I know the rmr has been updated, but I'm not ready to try again.

Thanks.

Joe _K

Established
What specifically do you want to know about the mount?

Velocitas, Opprimere,
Violentia Operandi

Joe _K

Established
3dfc5729f77a2734df6b7f9f8df64d2a.jpg

At my previous employer I took it upon myself to create a 19L out of an extra Gen 3 17 we had laying around. Used an H-1. Completely stock internals.

Not sure if the ALG 6SM will work on the 19/23 series, soon as I'm done typing I'm going to Google.

While you COULD CC this type of thing it would be very problematic to do so IWB, and unless you wear clothes that Michael Moore would find flowy and loose in the summer I doubt any of the OWB options for the 6SM would be easy to carry day in and day out. As a night stand/HD/competition/range gun it would legit.

The 6SM does not add reciprocal mass to the slide so adding a Comp shouldn't matter as far as function is concerned, or at least anymore than it would on any other stock Glock that you could hang inside it.

As far as issues I personally had less than 500 rounds through it and experienced no failures to feed or fire. Two issues that did occur was the screws loosened after sub 1K rounds and first round fired out of a string would often be as much as 3" off from POA at 15-25 yards. Not sure what caused that particular phenomenon.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
Violentia Operandi

praharin

Thanks, I appreciate the input, but I'm specifically interested in the 19, not the 17 (19L). The 6SM was designed for the longer frame and slide, so I'm sure it will work as designed. I'm looking for the setup on a 19 with comp.

The 17L mod is my back up plan, but I've never owned a Glock other than a few 19s and a short stint with a 36.

The first shot deviation could be what long range shooters call "cold bore", by ~12 MOA is pretty extreme.

praharin

Oops, forgot something: The mount will work on the 19. According to the guy that posted this it causes no problems despite the overhang.

Attachments

• IMG_2411.PNG
    IMG_2411.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 120

Joe _K

Established
The ALG 6SM will not fit on a 19 sized frame, per ALG Defense's website it is designed for 17/22/34/35 sized frame.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
Violentia Operandi

Joe _K

Established
The ALG 6SM will not fit on a 19 sized frame, per ALG Defense's website it is designed for 17/22/34/35 sized frame.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
Violentia Operandi

STRIKE. I stand corrected.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
Violentia Operandi