AIWB Holsters

JStanton

I though I'd start a separate thread specifically for AIWB holsters. I've been carrying a G19 in a RCS Eidolon for a few months now and have really come to appreciate appendix carry. I just got an RMR'd slide for my M&P though and am planning to switching back to carrying that. I'm not sure I really want to wait around for the M&P version of the Eidolon, so which other companies are making a good AIWB holster that will work with an RMR? I'm considering giving the vanguard a go, but would really like an actual holster in addition.

EMC

JM custom kydex is someone to check out. You might need to request the RMR custom, but their holsters work well AIWB.

Jackdog

Keepers Concealment the Keeper. Been running one for 3 years now for my duty pistol. I've been very pleased with it.

JStanton

I'll check out JM. I was looking at the Keeper and really like the idea of the adjustable position wedge. I'm just not sure I can swing $170+shipping for a kydex holster. Is it really worth that?

Default.mp3

Established
Tom over at Dark Star Gear gets pretty good reviews for his AIWB stuff. I really wanted to try out his stuff, but unfortunately, he hasn't been able to figure out a way to get his light-bearing AIWB to fit an X400U, not to his satisfaction, anyway.

There's also Dale Fricke; not heard much about him these days, but he was one of the first to offer dedicated AIWB holsters, IIRC, and his customer service has always been stellar, from everything I've heard.

I'll second the recommendations for JM and Keeper's Concealment, though I'm pretty sure JM has a pretty long waitlist at this point.

JPourciau

I pretty much exclusively use Dale Fricke for my holster needs these days. Check out his Seraphim holster. His customer service is top notch and he will customize his products if you have specific requests. I have no affiliation other than as a paying customer, but I've never been disappointed in any of the 4 holsters that I've purchased from him.

I think Frank Proctor now offers his WOTG holster for M&P as well. Not sure, but might be worth a look.

Dave J

The Keeper is by far the best AIWB holster I've used. I also own several JM's, but ended up adding wedges to make them more like the keeper.
Fricke makes quality stuff, but they don't conceal nearly as well for me as Keepers or JM, so I rarely use them.
AIWB is a very individual thing, so your results may vary.
Last I looked, the wait for a JM is about 7 weeks..

JStanton

Thanks for the input! There are more good options than I realized. One drawback I see about the keeper for me is that it isn't tuckable. While I don't usually tuck my shirts in, with the Eidolon I've been able to wear a tucked in dress shirt and not print. I don't know how that would work with the larger M&P, but I like the option. Anyone have experience with the Off the Grid Concepts MKI or the PHLster Access? They don't have the wedges but do use the tuckable struts. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to add my own velcro/foam wedges.