AIWB Holster: Comped G19 Slide & RMR for LH Shooter

Big fan of JM Custom kydex, but looking at other options.

Wanting an AIWB holster for a left handed shooter.

Gun is a Glock 19 length slide (G19, G19X, G45) with an RMR & comp. I don't actually have this comp in hand yet, but it's likely to be a PPM dual comp (PPM dual comp on Instagram), maybe KKM if they offer a Gen5 version.

Thanks!

EDIT:

By the way if you're carrying a Surefire WML: Phlster Floodlight is the shitznitz. Glock G45 with Gen5 G19 MOS slide + RM06 + X300U

c9bKp1R.jpg
amu0dUb.jpg

Nx1k1Mn.jpg

Isn’t the Floodlight ambidextrous...?

Yes but requires use of X300U. This is fine, except sometimes it's heavy, and the extra width of the holster can cause a corner dig into my thigh when seated for long periods.

I'm looking for a holster that doesn't need a WML for it's slim profile (width wise).

Picked up a used Keeper's Concealment "The Keeper" on a different forum, and so far I like it. Anyone know if a 34/35 length Keeper with RMR cut would work for a comped G19?

While you really can't go wrong with JMCK, I'm a big fan of the Tenicor Velo. The 34 length should work depending on the length of the comp but I don't have direct experience using it with a comp.

https://tenicor.com/collections/frontpage/products/velo-aiwb-holster?variant=12221798711371

I think the 34 lengh Keeper would work also. I haven't used a Keeper's Concealment holster, but I took a class with Spencer last year and I do like some of the features of his holster.

Also, the KKM Gen 5 Comp is available for order now, they just don't have it up on the website.

KKM Comp Gen 5.jpg

While you really can't go wrong with JMCK, I'm a big fan of the Tenicor Velo. The 34 length should work depending on the length of the comp but I don't have direct experience using it with a comp.

https://tenicor.com/collections/frontpage/products/velo-aiwb-holster?variant=12221798711371

I think the 34 lengh Keeper would work also. I haven't used a Keeper's Concealment holster, but I took a class with Spencer last year and I do like some of the features of his holster.

Also, the KKM Gen 5 Comp is available for order now, they just don't have it up on the website.

View attachment 4193

Nice, how does one go about ordering one? Also, how did you know? If there's a newsletter/insta/bookface or something I'd subscribe

I emailed them a few weeks ago and they replied with the photo. Call them to order.

Thank you, I sent an e-mail. Any thoughts as to who might make the more effective comp: KKM or PPM?

Personally I lean to KKM simply because they don't (to my knowledge) use a "proprietary barrel" like PPM's dual comp does (I think it's a Faxxon barrel, so it's got that going for it).

I emailed them a few weeks ago and they replied with the photo. Call them to order.

Thank you, I sent an e-mail. Any thoughts as to who might make the more effective comp: KKM or PPM?

Personally I lean to KKM simply because they don't (to my knowledge) use a "proprietary barrel" like PPM's dual comp does (I think it's a Faxxon barrel, so it's got that going for it).
I don't have any experience with PMM, but the KKM does use a proprietary barrel. Between the two I'd go with KKM because of its reputation, the fact that I never had a single malfunction with any type of ammo on my gen 4 with a KKM comp, and I don't like the aesthetics of the PMM. I've made the decision to move away from comps for now so don't have any experience with the gen 5 options.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I have both left and right of the Tenicor Velo. G19 with comp, G34. I have the Phlster Classic, but the Velo fit better without any modification.
The Velo is the best fitting holster out of any that I have ever tried. I would prefer the ability to use a foam wedge over the built in one, so if they ever make a flat rear version it would be perfect for me. The built in wedge does work well, just starts to get slightly uncomfortable after several hours and isn't as flexible position wise as foam would be.

I don't have any experience with PMM, but the KKM does use a proprietary barrel. Between the two I'd go with KKM because of its reputation, the fact that I never had a single malfunction with any type of ammo on my gen 4 with a KKM comp, and I don't like the aesthetics of the PMM. I've made the decision to move away from comps for now so don't have any experience with the gen 5 options.

Why's that?

I dojn't have any comps on my pistols, so you'd be saving me some money if your decision would also apply to me.

fwrun

For a G19 with a comp, I would recommend a G34 length Dark Star Gear Orion with the “Darkwing.” I have found the finishing touches on the holster to be better than the JMCK holsters, and there is much better retention, comparing their Glock holsters.