AirBoss LBM questions

TXLEO

I have a LBM gas mask but am trying to figure out what I need for the mask hydration adapter and voice amplifier. I know a MSA voice box should work but not sure what model. I use Source for all my hydration kit, so not sure what adapters work with what. Any help is appreciated

jnelson

CBRN Guy
Camelbak calls their hydration adapter the Type “M” adapter. This is the one that works with the M40 and Millennium masks. I am pretty sure Source makes a similar one and this is the one you want.

As far as the voice amplifier goes, if you have the one that works with the MSA Millennium/Advantage 1000, you will be good to go.

jnelson

CBRN Guy
I have used it with a different mask (Avon FM12) and it works extremely well. The one that Atlantic Signal currently makes is for the AirBoss C4 mask and not the LBM. I have a C4 version here, but have not tried to adapt it to the LBM yet. I will give that a go and respond back.

I do know that Bill Blowers has successfully used the LBM with comms by placing the boom microphone from his headset in front of the primary speech module on the front of the mask and had clear comms throughout the mission.