Aimpoint PRO factory mount.

jBravo3

I guess I should expound upon that and say that I ran one for several years on a patrol rifle and had no complaints for what it was and what it did and what it cost. Sample of one. The knob qd mount def isn't in vogue in 2018, but it's functional and the whole thing - optic and mount - is a solid set up. Sample of one. Any money you'd spend upgrading to a better mount would prob be better saved and spent on a higher grade optic though. Nothing wrong with it as is - in my opinion, based on my experience with one.

RedLeg

I guess I should expound upon that and say that I ran one for several years on a patrol rifle and had no complaints for what it was and what it did and what it cost. Sample of one. The knob qd mount def isn't in vogue in 2018, but it's functional and the whole thing - optic and mount - is a solid set up. Sample of one. Any money you'd spend upgrading to a better mount would prob be better saved and spent on a higher grade optic though. Nothing wrong with it as is - in my opinion, based on my experience with one.

Are there any known issues I should be aware of with the PRO?

Fatboy

Established
The only thing I've found with the PRO models is that the stated battery life is not nearly as long when you use bright settings. They don't dim or die in a week, but it's no where near the forever that has been claimed.

The only thing I've found with the PRO models is that the stated battery life is not nearly as long when you use bright settings. They don't dim or die in a week, but it's no where near the forever that has been claimed.

Agreed here.

I carry my PRO equipped Barrett REC7 AR Pistol on duty, and with me most days. I leave the optic on and with it about two clicks off of, “highest,” it’ll go 90 days, maybe longer. I change it out whenever my son gets a report card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanM

As a counterpoint, I have had my PRO on my patrol rifle since Sept 2016. It’s kept on the middle setting and is still on its original battery. I’m planning on replacing it in Sept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MojoNixon

Established
My PRO goes about 2 years of constant on at setting 6 (I think, 4 clicks down from max). IIRC stated battery life is 20K hours which works out to about 27 months. Not sure at what setting, though. They don’t have the ACET circuitry of the T-1 which is what gives it 50K hours. I’ve absolute no complaints with mine after 4+ years. I’ve considered going the LPVO route but I’ve not convinced myself that one would really fit my needs in a home defense carbine.

MojoNixon

Established
Just double checked and the PRO does have ACET circuitry and stated battery life is 30K hours or just under 3.5 years.

RedLeg

My PRO goes about 2 years of constant on at setting 6 (I think, 4 clicks down from max). IIRC stated battery life is 20K hours which works out to about 27 months. Not sure at what setting, though. They don’t have the ACET circuitry of the T-1 which is what gives it 50K hours. I’ve absolute no complaints with mine after 4+ years. I’ve considered going the LPVO route but I’ve not convinced myself that one would really fit my needs in a home defense carbine.

I actually traded a LPVO for this PRO, now. It was way more scope than I needed.

Thanks gentlemen.

It isn't not fucked up, don't mess with it. I've had the pleasure of running two (not a huge pool, I know) of them and don't have any complaints. Nowadays, it's not the lightest or most high-speed, but I've never seen a failure of the mount itself. The screws are another story. I would always suggest keeping backup sets of screws for every type of mount owned (flashlight, optic, etc).

Fatboy

Established
Just some added info- I just changed the battery in my PRO. It was not dead but it was not fully visible to me in broad daylight. The previous battery change was in December 2017. So while it isn't the stated life, it was still a solid 6 months of almost daily use at high levels.
Take it for what it's worth.

Grayman

Established
As for the OP I have had zero issues with my PRO mount after several years of abuse as a patrol and more recently a training gun. I put my duty one on top of a .5" rise and am liking the height for positional and or pro-mask use. Yes the mount is heavier than it needs to be and yes the knob can be a bit of a pita but it works and that's all I ask.

Personally if you're going to throw down the dough for a new mount I'd just ditch the PRO and go with one of the ADM/MRO mount optic bundles. Good optic good mount and a good price...

As for the battery life on the PRO my personal one went about 2.5 years on the original battery constantly on between the top 4 settings. It was starting to get pretty dim when I changed it. All of my work gear gets a new battery at least once a year now and I've yet to see any issues with the PRO becoming dim between that interval