After Market Trigger for Glock

Freedom Forged

This may be a Ford vs Chevy kinda thing.

I would like some recommendations on an aftermarket trigger for my G19 which is a self defense daily carry.

Thanks in advance for the info.
David

jBravo3

All I can offer you is a thumbs up on Overwatch. I've been using an Overwatch Precision TAC trigger for a few months now in my off duty 19. I didn't commit to carrying with it until I ran it through a class and multiple range trips. I've had zero problems and I have only good things to say about it.

This is the first after market trigger I've ever actually carried around, and prior to purchase, I really liked all the reviews, the fact that no safety features were potentially compromised, etc. I took a leap of faith and bought one based solely on the reviews I read and watched online.

I'm no crack shot to begin with, and I don't know if it's the placebo effect or what, but I think it has helped me just all around shoot better (eg, more accurate at speed, distance, etc). It went in easy, hasn't negatively affected reliability and definitely feels better (before press, during press and reset) than stock, if nothing else. I'm buying another for my other 19 and I'd put one in my duty 17 if I was allowed.

All I can offer you is a thumbs up on Overwatch. I've been using an Overwatch Precision TAC trigger for a few months now in my off duty 19. I didn't commit to carrying with it until I ran it through a class and multiple range trips. I've had zero problems and I have only good things to say about it.

This is the first after market trigger I've ever actually carried around, and prior to purchase, I really liked all the reviews, the fact that no safety features were potentially compromised, etc. I took a leap of faith and bought one based solely on the reviews I read and watched online.

I'm no crack shot to begin with, and I don't know if it's the placebo effect or what, but I think it has helped me just all around shoot better (eg, more accurate at speed, distance, etc). It went in easy, hasn't negatively affected reliability and definitely feels better (before press, during press and reset) than stock, if nothing else. I'm buying another for my other 19 and I'd put one in my duty 17 if I was allowed.

Did you buy the setup from Overwatch? Wondering because it looks like it's the trigger bar and shoe only.

Zero'd

interesting read. I'm thinking hard about trying the Overwatch on my RS, largely for the same reasons listed above. I may install a Ghost connector after trying it "stock" for a while.

Okay just making sure. Robar lists an entire OP TAC trigger assembly with NP3 "Minus" connector and a Wolff 6# spring. Just installed the NP3 connector and spring last night. Dry firing, I noticed a slightly lighter but more consistent pull.

Update on this @Freedom Forged

I purchased the Overwatch Precision TAC Trigger for my Gen4 G19 and have put about 2,000 rounds on it as well as hours of dryfire practice. I am just starting down the road of serious shooting and improving so consequently my exposure to other triggers and setups is limited, so weigh that into your consideration when reading this. Scott Jedlinski wrote an in depth review for this trigger on the P&S main page which showed recorded drill times so I encourage you to read that as well. I am just beginning many firing exercises so there are too many variables for improvement right now for me to point to this trigger and give it the credit.

My internal setup was stock except for a 6# Wolff Competition Trigger Spring and the Overwatch Trigger Assembly.

Make note that Overwatch recommends using the "dot" connector with their trigger assembly in a Gen 4 Glock, and the "minus" connector in a Gen3. Out of curiosity, I installed the "minus" connector on the Gen4 and I found that it resulted in the trigger feeling mushier and the trigger break not as defined as when using the "dot" connector.

In my experience during dry fire, I found that the wide trigger face allowed me to really find a finger placement that worked. I have larger hands so giving more real estate to control the trigger pull was a plus for me. The little ledge at the end of the trigger face on the TAC trigger seemed to keep my finger in place and find home quicker as Scott also experienced.

One of the things I appreciated with this trigger is that there was a consistent and defined wall. I really seemed to learn the gun and learn the boundaries where the trigger was going to break for every shot. This trigger is not as light as some of the other aftermarkets available, but I knew my limits with this trigger and felt there were no surprises when at the range. I wasn't expecting this trigger to be a hotrod, and I wasn't disappointed.

The reset was crisp, audible, and tactile for me which I have come to enjoy more than other triggers available that I have used. During dry fire, I experimented with closing my eyes and feeling the gun reset. There were no guesses with the OP trigger.

During live firing, much of what I learned about the trigger during dry fire translated well. The trigger seemed to highlight problems I was having with my trigger pull as well as slapping the trigger letting me correct as needed. YMMV.

I will be taking a Sentinel Concepts class in May so I will be able to see how it performs in a working environment. Hope this helps.

Freedom Forged

Update on this @Freedom Forged

I purchased the Overwatch Precision TAC Trigger for my Gen4 G19 and have put about 2,000 rounds on it as well as hours of dryfire practice. I am just starting down the road of serious shooting and improving so consequently my exposure to other triggers and setups is limited, so weigh that into your consideration when reading this. Scott Jedlinski wrote an in depth review for this trigger on the P&S main page which showed recorded drill times so I encourage you to read that as well. I am just beginning many firing exercises so there are too many variables for improvement right now for me to point to this trigger and give it the credit.

My internal setup was stock except for a 6# Wolff Competition Trigger Spring and the Overwatch Trigger Assembly.

Make note that Overwatch recommends using the "dot" connector with their trigger assembly in a Gen 4 Glock, and the "minus" connector in a Gen3. Out of curiosity, I installed the "minus" connector on the Gen4 and I found that it resulted in the trigger feeling mushier and the trigger break not as defined as when using the "dot" connector.

In my experience during dry fire, I found that the wide trigger face allowed me to really find a finger placement that worked. I have larger hands so giving more real estate to control the trigger pull was a plus for me. The little ledge at the end of the trigger face on the TAC trigger seemed to keep my finger in place and find home quicker as Scott also experienced.

One of the things I appreciated with this trigger is that there was a consistent and defined wall. I really seemed to learn the gun and learn the boundaries where the trigger was going to break for every shot. This trigger is not as light as some of the other aftermarkets available, but I knew my limits with this trigger and felt there were no surprises when at the range. I wasn't expecting this trigger to be a hotrod, and I wasn't disappointed.

The reset was crisp, audible, and tactile for me which I have come to enjoy more than other triggers available that I have used. During dry fire, I experimented with closing my eyes and feeling the gun reset. There were no guesses with the OP trigger.

During live firing, much of what I learned about the trigger during dry fire translated well. The trigger seemed to highlight problems I was having with my trigger pull as well as slapping the trigger letting me correct as needed. YMMV.

I will be taking a Sentinel Concepts class in May so I will be able to see how it performs in a working environment. Hope this helps.

Very good information! Thanks.

Having toyed with a few different setups, I'll offer my opinion as well.

The Zev Adjustable kit is decent, but I did find that I had a slightly mushy feel on the limited takeup. Reset and break were still clean and crisp, and pull weight sat at about 3.5# with the 3# springs. (Avg of 5 pulls.)

My current (and favored) setup is a Ghost connector and spring kit, Lone Wolf adjustable trigger stop, and a Zev trigger bar and trigger shoe. Clean break, not mushy, and short travel after the break makes for a quick reset. Pull sits right about 4#. That setup has about 1k rounds on it, so it may smooth out a bit more as I continue to run it. It also retains the definite "click" of the Glock reset.

MisterHelix

My son's G19 has the adjustable ZEV package (including the FP spring, plunger and spring, and ZEV connector). It's super nice, short travel, clean break, short reset.

That said, it is pretty light for a carry gun (IMO), but he's a professional gunslinger, and I'm not, so...

I went with the SSVI Tyr trigger shoe on a gen3 bar, with an OEM '-' connector. It has a better "feel" and leverage than the stock unit, while maintaining all OEM parts aside from the shoe, which some folks prefer on a defensive carry pistol.

Not as expensive as the ZEV unit, either.

Good luck deciding. It's not like you can just walk into a store and try them all before committing, unfortunately.

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
I have had an overwatch precision trigger in my personal Glock 19 that I also transferred over to my work gun for the past two deployments. The trigger is great, but during this last trip the roll pin that holds the trigger safety in began to walk out. The trigger probably had close to 4,000 rounds on it before this occurred. I continued to reinsert the pin, only to have it walk out repeatedly for the rest of the deployment.

I have two other TAC triggers (more recent models with less rounds through them) that continue to perform without issue. Overwatch is replacing the the trigger with the issues. After watching the ROBAR video on the engineering aspects of the TAC trigger I can wholeheartedly recommend them in that respect. I have not seen any other reports of the pin walking out so it is possible this is a isolated incident.

Rick

Wake27

I've been pleased with my Overwatch trigger, but the break is more gradual than I'd prefer. I think someone referred to it as a rolling break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk