Advice on a muzzle device for a Marlin 336 Dark

I have the opportunity to fulfill a childhood dream an buy a lever gun. I am looking at the Marlin 336bl and 336 Dark. Would a vg6 gamma be a suitable muzzle device for the Marlin. I know the gamma is designed around the ar15 platform. Will it still function well on a 30-30 lever gun?

Spiff034

I have a 336 in .35 Remington. I don’t think a brake is going to do anything but make the gun louder and longer in this application. Your shot to shot times will be determined by your ability to operate the lever/bolt, not by your ability to resist the recoil. .30-30 is pretty negligible in the recoil department as well.

So, if you’re looking for performance gains, I don’t think you’re going to get any. If you want to stick something on the end to make it look cool, it’s probably a fine choice.

My question was to attempt to mitigate recoil to stay on target. Having finally bought the rifle and shot I found it was an warranted concern. But I have a .308 A2 flash hider laying around. I may install that on it to see what it does.

Reactions: 22F