Active Shooter gear

Fatboy

Established
So with the world being the way it is, I've been looking into upgrading my active shooter plate carrier. Currently, I use a point blank carrier that is no frills, bare bones. Front plate, back plate, fastex straps for the sides, 2 rifle mags and medical gear. I can throw it on over my work stuff in seconds and be ready.

What I'm looking around for is a similar carrier with a kangaroo pouch that accepts inserts, like the front of an LBT 6094. I want to thin out my front profile, and getting rid of mag pouches would help. I would prefer open sides because of needing to keep my sides slick for belt access. Velcro at the top for placards would be nice but I can overlook that. I'm adding a abdominal pouch for medical stuff also.

I'm flexible on price too; hell I would even consider buying used if the right item was offered. Only thing I'm not really flexible on is the color. Black or possibly a MAS Gray type color.

Any suggestions?

Fatboy

Established
And I will also add in that I'm looking for tool ideas as well for forcible entry that can be left attached to the carrier. Something that is idiot proof, and attachment methods would be good as well.

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
I'm using a Velocity Scarab LT with a BFG triple m4 10 speed on the front and the Velocity backpack panel. It is sized to wear over my patrol uniform.

I carry a DARK insert in a Crye M4 mag pouch on the left side, 2 M4 mags in the shingle, 1 CAT in the shinge and scissors/chest dart in the KB.

In the backpanel I have a Matbock liter and a CRKT tomahawk. The hawk handle sticks out the top - about 1" or so. The hawk will work for breaching alot, and is about $100.00 or less if you shop around. Another option is those Stanley FUBAR or Fat Max.