Ace VR Shooting

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Tim Herron is another one of those bad influences. As someone who enjoys VR stuff, I wanted to see this whole Ace VR Shooting thing. My handset is on the way but I already shot just under 900 rounds in my first session with it. I know it will be even better with a gun handset versus the controller.

Right off the bat, I already see a huge benefit over other systems - I can take it anywhere with zero setup (besides needing wifi). As soon as my handset arrives, this is going to work with me for demo purposes.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Ace VR handset with Surefire X300U. I temporarily added a Safariland QLS fork to a Raven Concealment VG3 for a holster solution until a more permanent option arrives.

The handset is weighted well but needs a little more of a grippy surface, so I'm checking out various options from goon tape to skateboard tape to decals.

It's tough to put this down when you have unlimited ammunition - the only thing that is lacking is free time.

I'm several thousand rounds in and have saved over a thousand dollars in ammo costs so far.

#acevr #metaquest3 #surefire #vr #vrtraining #dryfire #drypractice #PrimaryAndSecondary
ace vr.png

Matt Little

VIP
I love mine. I’ve “fired” 160k virtual “rounds” so far, and saved $48k in ammo costs for a comparable amount of live fire. It cannot completely replace live fire or traditional dry fire, but the overwhelming majority of my training with a pistol is in ACE now. I’ve noticed improvements in live fire that I can directly attribute to it.