9mm and 40 s&w performance data for vehicle related barriers.

blitz

I am currently trying to find comprehensive ballistic performance data for 9mm and 40 s&w duty loads after they have passed through vehicle related barriers into ballistic gel with heavy clothing. something that includes what i can expect to see after the round passes through the door with all the internal components with the windows both up and down inside the door. any help finding this would be extremely welcome. @DocGKR

DocGKR

Dr.Ballistics
Staff member
Both the FBI BRF, as well as most ammo vendors have info on this topic. Have you looked at the Federal/Speer, Winchester, Hornady LE websites? Has your agency acquired the FBI BRF data?

blitz

yes. they arent going to the depth i am trying to find. they focus on what happenes after it goes through a single barrier. i want to see the results from it passing through a car door with the window rolled down while the block is covered in the fbi spec heavy clothing. as for the FBI data, i don't work for a government agency at the moment so no.

Lobsterclaw207

I sent the requisite letter to the FBI a few months ago, and still have not heard nor received anything. I'm trying to decide between sending another letter (yep, on department letterhead) or maybe attempting a phone call. It would be nice if these hoops weren't there to jump through, but I guess it's their data so their rules.