5.11 TacTec plate carrier

Clay1

I did a search on this subform and did not find a single reference to the 5.11 TacTec plate carrier. This is not a new design and am interested in your thoughts on this carrier for a citizen and not a soldier. Not interested in spending money on something that I will have to replace because I made the wrong decision. Thanks for your thoughts.

sawlaw1

Cause it's a JPC knockoff optimized for crossfit. For the same money you can get a slickster and for a bit more, $210 you can get a JPC 1.0 and both are worlds better quality wise.

Longinvs

Quantified Performance
I have a TacTec carrier on loan from a friend that I used for the tactical games and, shortly there after, sentry duty for the riots here in the Twin Cities. Full disclosure, the only other carrier I've used is the one I was issued by the Marine Corps from 2013-2017, and I honestly don't know who made that one. The 5.11 feels like a carrier made with PT in mind. I wasn't impressed with the stability it offered for the pouches mounted on the front and the cummerbund doesn't have enough rigidity to stabilize anything you might want to mount on it, such as comms. However the armor did install with acceptable stability. For the money you aren't far off from a number of other options that would likely be superior. At the tactical games skirmish I saw A LOT of Ferro Concepts slicksters. I haven't used one, but I plan to. It strikes me as a very viable option for the civ dude that wants to have a plate carrier for current events. Low vis, modular, and has some ability to store gear in the cummerbund. The other carrier in that thread that intrigues me is the BFG PLATEminus. Low profile, but still maintains the ability to attach equipment to the cummerbund.

marcusa

The 5.11 PC is very focused on fitness. There are several quality PCs out there around that same price point which have better features, comfort and modularity. Decision will come down to the plates you want to run, what you're looking for in modularity/accessories, cumberbund design, overt/covert, price, etc. Crye, Spiritus Systems, Ferro Concepts, SKD to name a few.