3C Medical

Red Queen Hughes

Vendor
VIP
I’m Sandy Hughes and 3C Medical is my medical kit and training company.

I have worked in Emergency Medical and Trauma Services for over thirty years. I started my career as an EMT in 1991 and continued my training and education to become a Paramedic, Firefighter, Paramedic/ACLS/PALS instructor, Certified Emergency RN, and currently a dual-certified Emergency and Family Nurse Practitioner.

My experience as an NP is primarily in the ED and Trauma surgery, managing patients from the arrival in the trauma bay, to the OR, through their ICU stay, to discharge (hopefully).
I have served on state disaster committees, regional EMS councils, and QA director for an ambulance service. I have authored several articles in medical and surgical journals (and even one in Recoil Magazine).

My skill set includes chest tubes, central line insertions, OR assisting, complex suturing, interpreting XRays, CT Scans, MRIs, labs, prescribing and administering a plethora of medications, managing massive transfusion protocols and trauma resuscitation, airway management including surgical tracheostomy placement, and critical care management of trauma ICU patients.

The goal of starting this company is not only ensuring customers have the right tools and equipment to be able to care for themselves, their families and others, whether it may be used in their personal lives and adventures, or in their occupations; but also to provide the knowledge and skills to know how and when to use those tools. I feel I have a unique perspective with my experiences throughout my career that allows me to identify the gaps in knowledge and preparedness that exists amongst laypeople, first responders, and even fellow medical providers.

I’ve invested my time, money, and myself to share all that I’ve learned through the years with anyone who wants to learn. We can provide evidence-based instruction on any medical topic needed.

3CMedical.com
Sandrahughes@3cmedical.com
Gary@modoutfitters.com