327 Federal Magnum

After the Revolver Modcast, I got bit by the snubby bug, and it's possible I picked up an LCR in 327 Mag, because 6 is more than 5, and oddball calibers are fun. It looks like Federal and Speer make defensive loads for it, does anyone have any experience or knowledge with either of those loadings, or another suggestion for a defensive load? Or any general knowledge/feedback on the caliber in general?

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
I carry Speer's loading in mine. They're plenty hot, though I've never seen any sort of testing done on them. Considering it's from Speer, and the unlikelihood of seeing anyone do serious testing for public consumption, I feel comfortable carrying them.

David Mayeur

A friend of mine is a local gun writer and was given a LCR in .327 Federal. We brought it to the range with various ammunition and while he loved it, I absolutely hated it. I have a video and a lengthy thread in the P&S FB group. It would be nice to transfer some of that info over here.

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
A friend of mine is a local gun writer and was given a LCR in .327 Federal. We brought it to the range with various ammunition and while he loved it, I absolutely hated it. I have a video and a lengthy thread in the P&S FB group. It would be nice to transfer some of that info over here.
It would. You could go copy & paste the text into this thread, but the video might be more difficult. Was it uploaded on FB or on YouTube?

David Mayeur

Came across this video by Luckygunner talking about .32 Snubbies. Figured it would be of interest to anyone following this thread. Sounds ilike they are planning more in depth ballistics comparisons, but among other things they ran 2 shots of 100 grain Speer Gold Dots into gel, which gave 16 inches of penetration, and expanded to .51.