20rd mag pouches

sooo.....

My agency has decided the standard ptl rifle load is a 30rd on the gun, a 20 (in my case a 30) rd on the belt then a couple of spare 20's.
My setup leaves a 30 on the gun, a 30 on the belt and 3 x 20rd mags to run on my PC.

I was looking at a Ragnar or Ferro slickster vest as a training/low pro PC, and the issue is no one seems to make a velcro triple 20rd pouch (ala the Ragnar or Ferro offerings).

And no, more 30's are not an option. Im lucky Imanaged to scam two.

Any thoughts?

Bronson

Fury
We used to use inserts in traditional mag pouches to fit 10 and 20 rounders for DM & sniper work.

Things like rolled up 550 cord didn't work as well as harder and more stable objects, but it was more difficult finding functional things in the latter category.

Cut up foam from MK19 ammo cans was the most cost-effective and stable way.

DCtheGB

This reminded me of some tips passed along from a super old school 18D. He put cravats in the bottoms of all of his mag pouches. I figured I'd give it a try to see how it might work for this. I didn't have any mag pouches lying around so I just used my mayflower chest rig.

afb9dc41c2d05dfdf544e442cff34e9e.jpg

307ac0dfd6ce9f925174e0665b248ac5.jpg

It gives a magpul 20 rounder a similar height to a usgi 30 rounder but getting the cravat out is a little difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may get some of the hard styrofoam ftom the ol' craft store and cut to fit in the bottom, but would prefer a dedicated solution.

Michael Ray

Vendor
Go to the local coop store (Atwoods, etc.) or auto parts store and get a length of 1" tubing. Cut it to the width of your mag pouches and, voila! It weighs nothing and does the trick pretty well depending on the height & type of mag pouch you're using.