2020 Staccato updates

Paul Steigerwald

Network Support II
Here is some info on the 2020 Staccato line from Hilton Yam.

I have handled the "Gen 2" grip module on a Staccato P at my LGS. I'ts different in a nice way from my gen 1, but I don't think I'll change it. I like the idea of the tool-less guide rods, the current guide rod in my Staccato P DUO might be the only thing I don't like about the gun and its the only thing I want to change, but it's a subjective thing I guess. I really really like my Staccato P DUO and I'm happy that they are making improvements and tweaks to the design, it bodes well for it's future.

I can't decide between going full custom for my next 2011 or just getting another STI. I'm really interested on any updates on the DVC line for 2020.

I ordered a Staccato C Duo. Why not C2? Because some locations suck ass with their 10 round magazine limits. And because people give me weird looks when I carry a Beretta PX4 appendix. No people, I didn't tuck my hard-on up under my belt, I swear it's a gun, not a "tool of rape" as one feminist called it.

I got a chance to fondle the new gen 2 grip the other day.

I was actually disappointed. Seems much less grippy than the treebark grips, seemed more thick and not as ergonomic as the treebark grip. Maybe more time with it would change that opinion, but I was definitely let down.

Just not impressed. I don’t care about how it looks. I just want a better product.

I was actually disappointed. Seems much less grippy than the treebark grips, seemed more thick and not as ergonomic as the treebark grip. Maybe more time with it would change that opinion, but I was definitely let down.

Just not impressed. I don’t care about how it looks. I just want a better product.

Are old/aftermarket grips an option for the 2011 with minimal problems?

I don't find the excess of stars to be visually pleasing and haven't held a new one yet.

I to felt the old grip felt better in hand. I ordered the gun when it was still advertised as the old grip. I get to my FFL to pick up the gun a few months later and it had the new grip, wasn’t happy about that. The new grip feels fat and almost slippery. However their social media coverage keeps talking about how great it is.

My guess is not enough staff to stipple the old DVC style grip. This one is easier to produce is my guess and with the popularity of the gun taking off it made sense.

To those of you who are uncomfortable with the gen 2 grip, I’m curious as to what aftermarket solutions could work here. Further, I’ve seen a lot of dudes griping that removal of the stock STI gen 2 grip automatically kills your factory warrants unless that removal is performed by an authorized gunsmith.