2019 TCCC TQ updates

Fatboy

Established
@Andrew D. Fisher

Sir-
Is there anything open source on how the TCCC committee tests or validates which tq is approved? I'm interested in reading the methodology as well to see what succeeded as well as what failed.
For the record I have no stake in any of tested items beyond being an end user that may have to use them in the field.

Thanks.

Nifty

Can anyone provide additional insight on the chart on page 11? The 'Recommended,' 'Not Recommended' and 'Insufficient Data' sections are self explanatory but the 'Currently Not Recommended' section sounds like its a weird grey area between the Yes and No categories. Are these being further investigated or are the 'Currently Not Recommended' TQs a case of 'these might work but dont risk it'?

Dredknott

There's perhaps a little more explanation on page 9. As this appears to be one of the first standardized trials, it appears that some tourniquets were previously recommended, but after more rigorous testing, they have proven to be less effective or ineffective, or their design has become obsolete.
I seem to remember the SAM XT enjoyed endorsement at one time. The SOFTT was endorsed prior to the introduction of the SOFTT wide.

Andrew D. Fisher

Medical Guy
Staff member
Can anyone provide additional insight on the chart on page 11? The 'Recommended,' 'Not Recommended' and 'Insufficient Data' sections are self explanatory but the 'Currently Not Recommended' section sounds like its a weird grey area between the Yes and No categories. Are these being further investigated or are the 'Currently Not Recommended' TQs a case of 'these might work but dont risk it'?
This was pre-vote draft of the chart. See the chart here.

Attachments

• 8CCA2BB4-73CC-4EC6-9A44-9D771DE6198E_1_201_a.jpeg
    8CCA2BB4-73CC-4EC6-9A44-9D771DE6198E_1_201_a.jpeg
    465 KB · Views: 18