19x with kkm comp FTF issues

BassFlats&Beyond

Amateur
Network Support I
I already posted this in the Roland special thread, however decided to post here too hoping for quicker reply’s. Admin please delete if necessary.

So I shot my 19x roland for the first time today. I got 1 failure to feed out of 50 rounds 124 nato spec. And 8 FTF out of 150 rounds 115 focchi. Same exact malfunction every time. Is it time to start playing with recoil springs or is there something else to try first?

Gun specs
19x,
kkm barrel and comp
RM06 type 2
ATEi slide work
Zev pro magwell
All stock springs.
3.5# connector

Attachments

115gr fiocchi isn't "hot" enough. A Roland is meant to run +P, duty loads with the stock spring.
If you want to use 115gr whatever you may want to look into a spring in the 13-14lb range.

BassFlats&Beyond

Amateur
Network Support I
Thank you for the response. I got one FTF with 124 nato ammo out of 60 rounds. Actually the very first shot. I know that’s not a huge sample size. I’ve got about half a case or so more nato ammo. If it gets through that with zero malfunctions, I move on to gold dots and HSTs. If i get another FTF I’ll play with springs

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
Network Support IV
Thank you for the response. I got one FTF with 124 nato ammo out of 60 rounds. Actually the very first shot. I know that’s not a huge sample size. I’ve got about half a case or so more nato ammo. If it gets through that with zero malfunctions, I move on to gold dots and HSTs. If i get another FTF I’ll play with springs
How many rounds were through then gun prior to the new barrel/comp?

BassFlats&Beyond

Amateur
Network Support I
Ok I have about 7-800 round through the gun now. 500 rounds being 124 nato, 50 rounds are 124 +p gold dots, 25 rounds 147 gold dots, and 25 rounds 147 hst. I’m still getting faluire to feeds and stovepipe shooting week hank only at a local uspsa match. I know the answer is grip the gun harder, but that’s the thing, it’s my weak hand. I have also had a few malfunctions that I attribute to PMAGs. I have ordered a 15 pound recoil spring and guide rod. Hopefully that makes this thing run 100% with decently powered Ammo.

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
Network Support IV
I have had a miserable experience with the Glock PMAGs. With your weak hand ensure you focus on using your ring and little finger to grip tightly. Its easy to forget and those last two fingers provide the most resistance to recoil.

With that low of a round count the gun still may break in and be fine with the stock recoil spring. My only gun running the KKM comp is 15 years old and works perfectly with the factory spring (recently replaced).

Rick