18650 Lights

Farmboy20

Who is producing a hand and weapon light held light that has good candle and lots of lumes that uses 18650s?

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
Surefire Fury DF and Scout DF

Modlite for ridle

Streamlight HLX both hand held and rifle.

Grayman

Established
Modlite has you covered and is the newest industry hotness! They have hand held and rifle bodies available for 18650 batteries. They've also go the single cell sized 18350 as an option with the same output and slightly less run time. I'm running them on all of my work rifles and as my go to patrol handheld. They are the bees knees!

Farmboy20

Thxs for the info i check out the lights and I’m soo going invest in couple these modlites one for my rifle other for a hand held

The only thing to be aware of when using the Modlite for a handheld is heat. After continuous use for 3-4 minutes or so the light is nearly too hot to handle without gloves.

Grayman

Established
The PLH head is my preference for a hand held solution. It doesn't seem to get quite as hot as the OKW and the balance of flood / spot is a little more balanced for daily use.

Farmboy20

I did read on the website that the OKW has 400% more candle than sf df how. How far does the light go out to

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
I did read on the website that the OKW has 400% more candle than sf df how. How far does the light go out to
As far as heat goes, the body gets warm but not as hot as the head until its on for an extended period. Wrapping it would prolong the exposure to heat.

Here's a pic of a non magnified distance for example. Use the parking spots for estimated distance
33918d935527b6efca28b75d725ed625.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
I could clearly see if there was anyone moving inside the car with ambient parking lot sodium lights

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
Also, been a minute since I've been on their site. But Cory has indicated (ie no secret) that a production handheld body is in the future. And for those who prefer momentary only he also noted that the arisaka tailcaps on their website are momentary only vice the sf z68 clicky.

The handhelds they sold a few months ago were contract overruns amd sold out quickly.

The standard scout body can be used as a handheld. I believe Prime among a few others were attaching pocket clips to the mounting lugs, unsure which brand.

Yondering

As far as heat goes, the body gets warm but not as hot as the head until its on for an extended period. Wrapping it would prolong the exposure to heat.

Here's a pic of a non magnified distance for example. Use the parking spots for estimated distance
33918d935527b6efca28b75d725ed625.jpg

Any chance you (or anyone) could post a link to whichever light this is? I'm not clear from your post what light you're talking about, but it looks/sounds like it's worth checking out.
Edit - thanks in advance!

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
Apologies, thought I'd put that in there.

OKW head on their handheld body.