17 MOS sights

Swobe1

Any other sight options besides Dawson or Ameriglo for the right height irons with a CH Precision plate? I've tried to look but couldn't find anything prior in the forum.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WAVandal

I use the Trijicon MOS night sights on my duty G17.5 MOS. We are required to have tritium sights, even with a RDS on the gun.

My non-duty guns RMR guns have all black Ameriglo sights.

Swobe1

I use the Trijicon MOS night sights on my duty G17.5 MOS. We are required to have tritium sights, even with a RDS on the gun.

My non-duty guns RMR guns have all black Ameriglo sights.

This is my gun until we get RDS approved, which I'm guessing won't be for awhile. Are your none duty guns the MOS or milled? If the MOS, do the extended height Ameriglo's cause any issues with holsters?

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
I’ve tried all of the above except the 10-8’s and found the Dawson’s to be the best in my opinion. I’m curious why they didn’t fulfill the requirements for you? Did you find an issue?

WAVandal

This is my gun until we get RDS approved, which I'm guessing won't be for awhile. Are your none duty guns the MOS or milled? If the MOS, do the extended height Ameriglo's cause any issues with holsters?

I'm all MOS at this point. No issues with either the Ameriglo or Trijicon sights and my holsters. I use a JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 light bearing for concealment and Safariland 6360RDS ALS/SLS at work.

Swobe1

I’ve tried all of the above except the 10-8’s and found the Dawson’s to be the best in my opinion. I’m curious why they didn’t fulfill the requirements for you? Did you find an issue?

I have not installed any of them yet. The gun right now still has Glock sights. When I looked at Brownells I only saw the Ameriglo's for MOS and Dawson's. I'm weighing what I want versus what I think I'll need IF there is a chance that in the next two years RDS get approved at work. I'm confident they will require night sights if that happens. I also left my options to Brownells because I'm less than an hour away and was going to pick them up. That's not happening anymore so I'm looking.