12-12.5" AR barrel search

I'm looking for a good, accurate and if possible lightweight AR15 barrel in the 12-12.5" range for use with a Trek T. It will only be ran suppressed. I generally stick to BCM, Colt or KAC and buy complete rifles instead of piecing them together, but I haven't found anything that was what I am looking for. Running a search on Google brings up Triarc, Ballistic Advantage, MicroMOA, V7 Systems and LaRue amoung others. Is there one of these that is better than the others or something I haven't ran into yet that I should look into. I appreciate any info you guys can provide. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: din
N

nate89

How lightweight are you talking? And what sort of accuracy requirement are you looking for? I have had my eye on the 12.5" BCM 410SS barrel for some time. Not so hot in the lightweight category, but should be quite accurate. I have been reading up quite a bit on them, and the 410 seems to be superior to the 416 that most manufacturers are using. I am considering it as the heart of a general purpose rifle. BCM does not currently make it as a complete upper, but you can buy just the barrel and build off of it.

Grizzly

Sons of liberty has a 12.5 barrel: https://sonsoflibertygunworks.com/c...-carbine-length-gas-system?variant=3084022657

Its 19oz so I'm not sure where that falls in your lightweight ranking. I've got an upper with that barrel but I've only got a few hundred rounds through it and nothing where I really stretched its legs for an accuracy test. Their uppers are pretty configurable they might be able to build what you want exactly. SOLGW was the only place I found a 12.5" upper with a light mlok rail in stock, with good reviews and a reasonable price when I was looking. They don't have a history like BCM/Colt/KAC but they've gotten some stellar reviews and survived endurance tests by good dudes.

Something reasonably profiled, I'm not looking for a pencil barrel, for example. Accuracy wise, I'd be happy with 1.5 or so, I don't expect it to be subMOA. The most important characteristic I guess would be reliability with a suppressor 100% of the time. I've glanced through the SOLGW website a few weeks ago, but didn't think about checking there. I'll give them a look.

Unity-Trent

Amateur
Vendor
I would contact Triarc. They make some really awesome barrels in several different configurations.

I have one of their 12.5" mid length track barrels. It's a heavier profile but insanely accurate.

COAR

I'm not any kind of a propeller head when it comes to barrels, but CMMG makes a 12.5" medium profile barrel that is reasonably priced.
I have been running one for about 6 months and I am happy with it.

din

Amateur
I would contact Triarc. They make some really awesome barrels in several different configurations.

I have one of their 12.5" mid length track barrels. It's a heavier profile but insanely accurate.

I've been looking at that since Sionics backed off their plans for a 12.5" for a while. Any chance we could talk you into doing a little review? Are you using their gasblock?