11.5 LW Muzzle Device Options

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
I normally just put a Suppressor Mounting flash hider on my AR's, but due to the bad POI shift with putting can's on LW or similar profile barrels, I'm not putting one on a 11.5" upper I have.

What options are out there that work well at hiding flash, without much if any blast - not a fan of muzzle breaks.

PM07

Staff member
I tried the BCM Gunfighter comp and a PWS on my 11.5 but ended up going back to the A2. They both worked but the Comp was too well compy? and the PWS just didn't do anything better than the A2. The BCM is on my 16 Colt and the PWS in on a 16 S&W currently.

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
The 11.5" with a2 barely fits in a Noveske rifle bag so I probably should stick with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinB

For a 11.5" guns, I use the KAC 3 Slot or Surefire's 3 Slot - mainly as I want to kill flash.

With a decent can, you should see less POI change on the LW 11.5" than a 14.5" or 16" barrel - as they are more rigid due to the shorter length.

I'm a big fan of suppressed 11.5" LW barrels BTW

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
I need to have a short rifle so I may just need to have two uppers, one suppressed one not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KevinB

Questions you need to ask yourself are why do I have a can, - and then if I have a can, why am I taking it off.

Short barrel guns toss a lot of copper in addition to carbon, and the mounts get ugly after a time with heavy usage.

I really dont like shooting short barrel guns without cans - so I am predisposed to a dedicated unit -- I only take QD can's off to clean the barrel - every 4,000 rds if it needs it or not ;)

03humpalot

Amateur
I like punishment so I run battlecomps. If strictly concerned with flash reduction the smith enterprises vortex works well on everything from SBR's to 249's to M240's.

patriot_man

BE Meyers 249F kills flash very well but at the expense of added length.

Personally I use the Surefire 3 prong flash hiders - very good at killing flash.

I can't own a can here in CA so I make sort of make do by buying the best option for flash suppression lol.

Presscheck Consulting

Gunslinger
Staff member
WARLORD
Sure fire War Comp. It's going to add a little length but it's so worth it.

I try not to throw out the term "game changer" too much. But the War Comp is going to change how we look at signature reduction and muzzle rise.

I'm more excited to get production war comps than the Xc1 flashlight, if that's any indicator.

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
Sure fire War Comp. It's going to add a little length but it's so worth it.

I try not to throw out the term "game changer" too much. But the War Comp is going to change how we look at signature reduction and muzzle rise.

I'm more excited to get production war comps than the Xc1 flashlight, if that's any indicator.

Your opinion is respected as its proven to work. I will take a look at the War Comp when it's out for sure.

FWIW, the 11.5" has less felt blast with the A2 on it than the 10.5" with the A2 did.

patriot_man

Was there any mention of how the warcomp is installed?

There was another thread where I mentioned a lack of wrench flats now.