10mm 1911

Rich F

I have been wanting a 1911 in 10mm to go along with a Glock 40mos. It will be mainly for bear defense. I have looked at a Colt Delta Elite for a little bit but have heard it had issues with hot loads from a forgotten weapons video. What is my best option with a budget of 1500 USD?

txstiguy

Another one in that range would be the sig1911r in that price point any way. I have shot the Ruger and sold a few with good feedback but its 10mm so low round count is assumed.

Nowski

You have a few options. Ruger, Springfield makes a few, Dan Wesson makes the valor in 10mm now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MojoNixon

Established
I had an early Delta Elite back in the mid 90’s I believe and the plunger tube sheared off and I could never get it reliably staked to where it wouldn’t continually shear the stakes. I did end up letting it go at some point and despite that issue it still is the only gun I regret selling.

Rich F

Been looking at the Dan Wesson RZ 10, pretty cool. Also saw a double stack from RIA. but haven't seen anyone with a high round count with those.

Rich F

I had an early Delta Elite back in the mid 90’s I believe and the plunger tube sheared off and I could never get it reliably staked to where it wouldn’t continually shear the stakes. I did end up letting it go at some point and despite that issue it still is the only gun I regret selling.
I know what you mean man, I got to see the delta elite up close and personal and what a beautiful gun that hits that retro itch just right.

Bill Assande

Amateur
In the price range you have I would say the Springfield TRP would be a solid option. I know a couple of guys with Dan Wesson Bruins and they are solid guns for just a couple hundred more.

STA

In that range Dan Wesson would be my recommendation. For $1K and under I really like the Rock Island Tac II for the money. I liked it much better than the Delta Elite for nearly twice the money. There are several good 10mm options (not all 1911s).

Pretty impressed so far with Rock Island's 1911 single stack 10mm offerings, particularly for the price. They seem to be solid guns and the couple I've checked were properly hardened so should hold up.

Interested in a 10mm and have been pricing them. Seeing as I live in the DPSRM I have limited options. I can get the Ruger, but I don't like Rugers generally. I have fired a Springfield 10mm But the owner ended up selling it because of reliability. I have an option to get an RIA 10mm but have not heard much about them, seen one very negative review on YouTube where the guy ended up selling the RIA and getting a Ruger. What is the SIG offering? I will check it against the Peasant List put out by the RiechsFueher of the DPSRM and hopefully I can get one.