1.93 vs. 2.04 [Carry Over from Facebook - P&S Group]

Mike_IA

Mason Pearson
March 15 at 2:47pm
What does 2.04” do that 1.93” doesn’t?
I have and use NODs, laser (MAWL and PEQ), gas mask all seem to work with 1.92 LaRue mounts or 1.93 height mounts.

jschulz

I just got in one of the Geissele 2.04 mounts for an NX8. It's such a massive change in my thinking from doing long range PR type shooting but damn, talk about heads up shooting. I don't see the thumb wrapped over the top of the barrel at all. I'm about to get taller mounts for all of my RDS's because of this. I need to get much more time on this type of setup but I am impressed so far for sure.

hile

Amateur
The 2.04" mounts are Geissele, and do not appear to be QD mounts whereas an LT135 is (or can be) QD. Is there any practical reason to choose QD over a permanently-attached mount?

Paul053

Amateur
So what you guys are saying is that Noner had it right all along with his riser underneath his Eotech....barring the missing eye and all.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

JLL2013

Or that the Russians were right with their chinweld 74's/EOTech combos....

So what you guys are saying is that Noner had it right all along with his riser underneath his Eotech....barring the missing eye and all.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
As a guy who will probably rarely go prone on duty behind a patrol rifle again (I already have) and loves to shoot rds rifles, 2.04 provides a very natural head position for 1x to 4x.