New to Optics, need recommendations

Good evening everyone,

I recently purchased a Hellcat Pro, and while I love the sights on it, I am looking at potentially adding a Red Dot to it. Ideally, I'd like something low-profile enough to co-witness on the stock irons. Currently, I'm looking at the Hex Wasp, but am open to alternatives. As I am new to the world of optics, any help is welcomed.

Stanislao

Read the Sage Dynamics white paper on red dot sights first. Generally speaking anything cheaper than Holosun is to be treated with extreme suspicion at best.

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
Good evening everyone,

I recently purchased a Hellcat Pro, and while I love the sights on it, I am looking at potentially adding a Red Dot to it. Ideally, I'd like something low-profile enough to co-witness on the stock irons. Currently, I'm looking at the Hex Wasp, but am open to alternatives. As I am new to the world of optics, any help is welcomed.
To give us some better insight to your question, what research have you already done on slide mounted optics? There's a lot of info here and on the FB groups to look into. What led you to look at the Hex Wasp in particular compared to other options?

Also, Stanislao's recommendation on Sage Dynamic's white paper is a good read. As a rule of thumb in 2022, the Holosun 507k or EPS Carry are good starting points.

To give us some better insight to your question, what research have you already done on slide mounted optics? There's a lot of info here and on the FB groups to look into. What led you to look at the Hex Wasp in particular compared to other options?

Also, Stanislao's recommendation on Sage Dynamic's white paper is a good read. As a rule of thumb in 2022, the Holosun 507k or EPS Carry are good starting points.
Honestly, the only thing I've done is read a few articles on what is considered the "best" red dots for 2022. The Hex Wasp was recommened from an employee at the gunshop where I bought the Hellcat, and I like it because it's part of the Springfield family. I have no practical experience with slide optics save about 50 rounds through a Romeo Zero Elite on my wife's Sig P365. A friend told me this would be the best place to come for advice from people who had tested them thoroughly, something I haven't had the time or money to do.

I just found the Sage Advice white letter, I'll be giving it a read over the next couple of days.