An Abomination: Let’s desecrate a Schofield

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
So I’m waiting on the Midwest Industries rail to take the Schofield to my gunsmith, LS Grips doesn’t have time to do the custom grip job until summer, and I’m just waiting on shipping instructions for the NAA Pug.

Which means as far as projects go I’m back to a holding pattern…Which means I’m thinking about what the next project might be…

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
What about a musket w/ a red dot sight and IR laser fueled by a 100 round (pound?) drum magazine?

Pretty sure they mocked up a few of those for the Wanted movie:

WantedMatchlock-3.jpg

WantedFlintlock-5.jpg

Also, I do know @falloutfrogguy on Instagram is working on a black powder muzzleloading pistol with optic:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZkrCWTl2sQ/

I’ll be going in the opposite direction towards slightly more recent development for my next project gun. I’m thinking a modernized Fitz Special would be pretty neat

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Handguard has shipped! That was earlier than expected, which means the gun should be going to my gunsmith by next week!

Smith

Is it a revolver if it doesn't.. revolve?

The Jurassic Park thing reminds me of every single IDPA scenario we have here locally. "You're walking through the park with your best friend Pete, carrying a pizza box in one hand and a large briefcase in the other, when you're attacked by 77 ninjas and 1 elephant. Pete immediately gets shot in all 4 limbs and you have to carry him as well."

Seth Thompson

I'm late to the party, but I wanted to say that this is a very cool endeavor.

Having shot quite a few replicas of both the SAA and the Schofield, I often thought that the SAA was kind of an inferior fighting gun, given it's "reload times measured with a calendar" mechanism. Some Old West characters of note thought the same way and preferred the Schofield.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I'm late to the party, but I wanted to say that this is a very cool endeavor.

Having shot quite a few replicas of both the SAA and the Schofield, I often thought that the SAA was kind of an inferior fighting gun, given it's "reload times measured with a calendar" mechanism. Some Old West characters of note thought the same way and preferred the Schofield.

I'm really not sure why we haven't seen a resurgence of top-break revolvers, given modern metallurgy and manufacturing processes that would be strong enough to handle modern ammo. I'd still love to see a new 8-shot 357/38 top-break that takes moon clips, and has provisions for mounting RDS and WML

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
B040A67F-F8EE-4AB7-AE44-96EF58ED21BE.jpeg

These little extra ammo holders from Hoptic USA look great studded along the side of the recently popular tactical lever guns, figured they’d be worth trying on this modernized old western design. It’ll be a little while before I have the gun back to mount them on, but there you go

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Snap caps on the outside will telegraph to potential attackers that you're really confident :)

HA As soon as I find some real 45 Colt ammo I’ll buy some, no rush though since the gun they’ll go in is out of my hands for the time being

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
By the end of this month my gunsmith should be finished with fitting and installing what we’ll refer to going forward as the shroud. He said he’d give me a call, have me come in and inspect how it’s been fitted and shaped on the revolver, make sure I’m happy with the overall aesthetic and function and then the shroud will be sent off for Cerakote refinishing. Assuming no major delays the whole thing should be completed and back in my hands by May!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
BDF62A4F-CC9F-4D4D-B6CF-9D28EA9943A0.jpeg

Rough shaping of the handguard is finished and the ‘smith has my go-ahead to start drilling into the revolver. When it’s actually mounted it’ll sit a bit lower on the gun and the sharp corners will be smoothed out but major progress is happening!

Smith

That does look super steampunk or Blade Runner. Kind of half old west, half hyper military. I assume you'll be fitting an IR illuminator, an OKW head, and maybe a scope? Maybe put a grenade launcher on the bottom, too. Would be a shame to waste any rail.