STI 2011 Thread

Ross

Quantified Performance
Does anyone have a direct side by side photo comparison of the new P Due plate (rmr) and the Chambers Custom RDSM?

MattJames

Certified Derpologist
Staff member
Do we have any comparison shots to ID which is the old plate and what is the new plate?

Cadonny

So this might be a stupid question, but I've only ever carried SA/DA guns with a decocker or striker fired guns, and I'll be going to look at a Staccato this weekend with the intent to buy, so I might as well ask people that have carried them:

Should I be concerned at all with the ambi safety having the risk of clicking off when I carry AIWB if I bump up against something or whatever, or am I just over thinking this?

PM07

Staff member
So this might be a stupid question, but I've only ever carried SA/DA guns with a decocker or striker fired guns, and I'll be going to look at a Staccato this weekend with the intent to buy, so I might as well ask people that have carried them:

Should I be concerned at all with the ambi safety having the risk of clicking off when I carry AIWB if I bump up against something or whatever, or am I just over thinking this?

I carried a 1911 on duty for several years and have qualified with my STI for duty use. I do not and have not had any issues with a ambi safety. I know it has been reported that some right side levers of the other manufactures ambi's breaking but I have never personal experienced this. I can use a single side safety but I can use the ambi quicker and more proficiently if that makes sense.

The ambi-safteties click very positively. I do not think it is easy to click off my bumping into something. You always have the grip safety as insurance. I would practice checking it through your shirt if that gives you "peace of mind". I check mine whenever I have an opportunity, as well as dot brightness when I change lighting conditions.

MattJames

Certified Derpologist
Staff member
OK, I have the new plate. The CH plate requires a new front sight due to the lower then OEM plate.

Had some issues with my gun...

Towards the end of the range session I went from Win 115 and had some malfunctions and then switched to PMC 115. Had +30 repeatable FTE ejects. As I got my carbon and heat in to the gun it got worse and worse.

No worries, sending it back to Staccato under warranty. Leaving it as is due to wanting them to observe it and feel the drag that is now felt while manipulating the slide.

I beleive it is due to poor barrel fit, either at the lugs or at the barrel end. Significant amount of scratches along the chamber (were it shouldnt be) and were the barrel engages the slide.

OK, I have the new plate. The CH plate requires a new front sight due to the lower then OEM plate.

Had some issues with my gun...

Towards the end of the range session I went from Win 115 and had some malfunctions and then switched to PMC 115. Had +30 repeatable FTE ejects. As I got my carbon and heat in to the gun it got worse and worse.

No worries, sending it back to Staccato under warranty. Leaving it as is due to wanting them to observe it and feel the drag that is now felt while manipulating the slide.

I beleive it is due to poor barrel fit, either at the lugs or at the barrel end. Significant amount of scratches along the chamber (were it shouldnt be) and were the barrel engages the slide.

Sorry to hear this - please let us know what STI says.

MattJames

Certified Derpologist
Staff member
Pistol is with STI. I'm curious what they find. Might be a slide fit or barrel fit issue. Who knows. While I did modify the trigger and grip, none of that should have affected the function of the gun in the way that it was.

whit77

Took the plunge and picked up a staccato p duo. I’ve only one 1 1911 previously (sig tacops). Did not like it and traded it off but this piece of machinery is here to stay. 170 rounds on initial firing, installed the type 1 rmr off of a g19 build. Didn’t have to make any adjustments as it was dead nuts at 10 yards. Went to 25 and was way left for some reason. This morning I was dry firing and noticed the dot windage was far left. Adjusted it, put it down and checked again. Shifted left yet again. Took the type 2 off my 509 tac and will see how that goes. Like this platform a lot and will have to work hard to break out the glock and how again. Don’t know why the pic orientation is off
6B24C981-C1C6-4FF5-96D5-CD39F506FF71.jpeg0112BC6C-A5AF-4B3B-87A1-925FD3C4E42B.jpeg92C95F7F-B8E1-486C-97E5-159B44443325.jpeg

Last edited:

TobyB

Pistol is with STI. I'm curious what they find. Might be a slide fit or barrel fit issue. Who knows. While I did modify the trigger and grip, none of that should have affected the function of the gun in the way that it was.
Have you received an update from STI? Defenitely would like to hear what the issue was.

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
What is the current go-to AIWB holster for a Staccato C2 with a TLR-7A? I have a JMCK that should work when I mount an X300 (it worked great with my 2019 -P), but looking for lower profile options.

Right now I'm seeing Blackpoint DualPoint and LAS Sayo as my main options for AIWB and that light combo.

Forgive my ignorance (and if this needs a new thread, please let me know), but I have a question. Having just received my 2020 P DUO (super pumped), I hit the range. Ran very Well. But, I noticed the irons on the RMR plate are printing noticeably to one side. I’ve drifted some rear sights before, both with punches and sight tools, but never a rear sight mounted to a plate. Do I need to remove the rear plate (and I know there’s a set screw to loosen) to tap the sight to the side to avoid undue stress to the mounting screws, or leave it on and tap it over? Thanks!

Greyhound, How are you liking your 2020 Staccato P?
Loving it. It’s been on duty with me for several months now. No issues whatsoever. Fit and finish is great, all mags lock back reliably. Took it to an MSP RDS class a few months back, ran great.

Also noticed the ejector pin is now solid instead of hollow (I bent one on my regular 2020 P With the old plastic baseplates, which 10-8 base pads and the currently shipped Dawson base pads keep over insertion away).

The DUO/DPO system holds zero. The Safariland 6360/6390/637x series work fine and smoothed out quickly (Definitely an improvement over using the old Safariland duty holsters for a 1911 without an optic).

Shadow2

Amateur
Loving it. It’s been on duty with me for several months now. No issues whatsoever. Fit and finish is great, all mags lock back reliably. Took it to an MSP RDS class a few months back, ran great.

Also noticed the ejector pin is now solid instead of hollow (I bent one on my regular 2020 P With the old plastic baseplates, which 10-8 base pads and the currently shipped Dawson base pads keep over insertion away).

The DUO/DPO system holds zero. The Safariland 6360/6390/637x series work fine and smoothed out quickly (Definitely an improvement over using the old Safariland duty holsters for a 1911 without an optic).
Which mags are you using? The 17 rounders or 20? Are the mags the G2 or G3?

Txsapper

Amateur
Not the original poster but I’ve had my 17 and 20 rounders, which are both G2 and G3 lock the slide back without issue.

Which mags are you using? The 17 rounders or 20? Are the mags the G2 or G3?
not sure the difference in Gen 2 and 3 mags. I know they’re at least Gen 2 (marked STI) which I replaced the base pads on. My more recent DPO came with Staccato marked mags, and the spring is slightly different and they came with Dawson basepads.