2020 Staccato updates

Here is some info on the 2020 Staccato line from Hilton Yam.

I have handled the "Gen 2" grip module on a Staccato P at my LGS. I'ts different in a nice way from my gen 1, but I don't think I'll change it. I like the idea of the tool-less guide rods, the current guide rod in my Staccato P DUO might be the only thing I don't like about the gun and its the only thing I want to change, but it's a subjective thing I guess. I really really like my Staccato P DUO and I'm happy that they are making improvements and tweaks to the design, it bodes well for it's future.

I can't decide between going full custom for my next 2011 or just getting another STI. I'm really interested on any updates on the DVC line for 2020.

Runcibleman

I ordered a Staccato C Duo. Why not C2? Because some locations suck ass with their 10 round magazine limits. And because people give me weird looks when I carry a Beretta PX4 appendix. No people, I didn't tuck my hard-on up under my belt, I swear it's a gun, not a "tool of rape" as one feminist called it.

gskip33

I got a chance to fondle the new gen 2 grip the other day.

I was actually disappointed. Seems much less grippy than the treebark grips, seemed more thick and not as ergonomic as the treebark grip. Maybe more time with it would change that opinion, but I was definitely let down.

Just not impressed. I don’t care about how it looks. I just want a better product.

pointblank4445

Established

I was actually disappointed. Seems much less grippy than the treebark grips, seemed more thick and not as ergonomic as the treebark grip. Maybe more time with it would change that opinion, but I was definitely let down.

Just not impressed. I don’t care about how it looks. I just want a better product.

Are old/aftermarket grips an option for the 2011 with minimal problems?

I don't find the excess of stars to be visually pleasing and haven't held a new one yet.

gb88

I to felt the old grip felt better in hand. I ordered the gun when it was still advertised as the old grip. I get to my FFL to pick up the gun a few months later and it had the new grip, wasn’t happy about that. The new grip feels fat and almost slippery. However their social media coverage keeps talking about how great it is.

My guess is not enough staff to stipple the old DVC style grip. This one is easier to produce is my guess and with the popularity of the gun taking off it made sense.

To those of you who are uncomfortable with the gen 2 grip, I’m curious as to what aftermarket solutions could work here. Further, I’ve seen a lot of dudes griping that removal of the stock STI gen 2 grip automatically kills your factory warrants unless that removal is performed by an authorized gunsmith.

MattJames

Certified Derpologist
Staff member
I've felt the same way about my 2020. I'm considering having a friend I trust grind down all the texturing and do his stipple job.

My only concern is the structure integrity of the new grip as STI wouldn't give my any information on the new grip as far as stippling since it "voids" the warranty. I mean its it's a 1911, tweaking them to the end user is part of the fun.

I also have a High Grip Shielded Ambi Safety, Ed Brown Memory Groove Beavertail, and an Extra short flat trigger. Trigger reach is an issue for me and I'm looking to fix some of the comfort issues with the beavertail.

Havent decided if they are staying hard chromed or DLCed to match once fitted.

I'd be tempted to get a Cheely grip, however the aluminum grip has durability issues and steel is a heavy gun to carry on duty.

I went with Extreme Shooters. I got my hands on a 2019 P DUO (4.15) but it came with the Gen2. I wanted to retrofit it to the 2019 issue as closely as possible so I ordered the entire grip module from Extreme Shooters. I am also experimenting with a Atlas Geppart Vario X-Line short trigger. I need short triggers - I do this to all my Staccatos but with the STI factory short trigger. The Atlas X-Line needed some fitting and I had to file the frame lightly.
IMG_0741.jpg

MattJames

Certified Derpologist
Staff member
That's the short trigger I ordered and having sitting. I need this quarantine to lift so I can head to a buddies to have him show me how to tweak it.

What is the difference in how the 1st gen and 2and gen frame feels? Was the frame a gen 2 modified from ES or a gen 1 frame?

With the mag issues with the magwell.

MattJames

Certified Derpologist
Staff member
With the Magwell/mag baseload issues I might not be motivated to go down the Gen 1 grip road, and like I said the Cheely grip is an option.

The one I went with was a Gen1 grip done by Extreme Shooters, which is accurate for 2019. The Gen2 plastic feels stronger, but this is only a feeling. The Gen1 modified feels about 15% slimmer overall. I am tempted to have this reduction done to all of my current Gen2 grips...

I am not sure about what Maxwell issues you are referring to. I found the new 2020 STI mag baseplates do not fit with this Gen1 tactical slim Maxwell - is this the issue? Thanks.

MattJames

Certified Derpologist
Staff member
Yes, the magwell issue is due to the base plates of the new mags interfering with the old magwell.

Yes, that is frustrating for sure. I am not sure what to do... leaning towards replacing the new basepads with old ones. What do you think?

First ten rounds out of the 4.15 gun. First 10! SRO was magically zero'd out of the box.
IMG_0749.jpg

MattJames

Certified Derpologist
Staff member
I'm not sure. I'd contact Buck if your LE and ask or go direct with STI.

MattJames

Certified Derpologist
Staff member
Buck- Would you recommend ever running a Shockbuff and if so which one?