MAWL B-button non-functional, wondering if it's worth repairing.

GraeLine

Recently had a class with Presscheck and noticed the B button wasn't functional on my C+1.

BE quoted me $150 to send it in for eval and then parts and labor would be a separate cost. For anyone with any MAWL repair experience or just more MAWL experience is it worth the fix or should I just run with the A button or a tape switch?

GraeLine

Holy shit. How long have you had it? For a $2,500 laser, that’s ridiculous unless they’ll refund you if they find a real issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 months, so slightly out of the one year warranty. I don’t have an answer for your second question.

Fatboy

Established
So out of curiosity, are you satisfied with a $2500 laser that's less than 2 years old, that is now broken?
If it were me, I would be viewed especially after I was told it would cost me money to diagnose their problem.
Let us know how it turns out for you.

Grayman

Established
I’ll answer your question with a question... Did you find use for the B button during the course? If so then I would say yes. If no then.... we’ll youve got your answer.

I use both on mine but it is a DA so that changes things a bit

GraeLine

I’ll answer your question with a question... Did you find use for the B button during the course? If so then I would say yes. If no then.... we’ll youve got your answer.

I use both on mine but it is a DA so that changes things a bit

Good point.

In terms of hand placement in regards to my light switch and my little gremlin digits yeah the B button would have come in very handy. Otherwise I have to learn how to play geeeetar on a rail.

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
Trade you for an 8 year old DBAL that runs perfectly. Seriously though I think that pretty poor for the initial cost and the industry reputation. We looked at the MAWL as our next generation replacement for our DBALs and I really liked it. We had close to 40 DBALS that have rode very hard over 8 years and I’ve only sent one back when an adjustment detent stopped clicking. It was about year 6-7 and it was no cost repair even out of warranty. I’d press them a little harder on that.