Larue Ultimate Upper Kit

Martin545

Alright fellas, anyone have any experience with Larue rifles? Been looking at their upper kit, but can’t find any real reviews on their stuff. Figured this was a pretty good gathering of knowledge so y’all may know. Thanks in advance.

Dpvaz56

I haven't seen any reviews for it either but I too have been eyeing their UUK and their SURG kit too!

Martin545

The only reviews I can find are older, and seem like they may be done by some Larue fanboys, so I’m not sure I really trust them. Only experience I’ve had with them is a QD Mount for my ACOG, the Mount has been pretty reliable so far.

nightchief

Fighter of the Daychief
I have some experience with a PredatAR and I currently have an upper I built using an 18" LT Stealth barrel. PredatAR is a nicely built rifle. It's basically a DI gun with enhanced features. It is quite accurate, LaRue claims 1 MOA at 100 yards. Balance is nice. I'm not a fan of proprietary hand guards mounting systems, this is my main issue with the PredatAR. Stealth barrel has the same MOA claim from LT. I can't say my shooting skills are capable of 1 MOA shooting consistently, however, I have consistently been able to get 1.5" groups from my 18" Stealth barrel using good quality ammo and a decent optic (NF SHV F1 4x14) My Stealth barrel likes BH 5.56 77 gr OTM and TMK anf Hornady 223 75 gr OTM. My customer experince with LT has always been good. In my personal experience LT's CS has always done right by me when there has been the occasional issue. I have used their handguard. I have several scope and RDS mounts from them. All have been good quality and work as advertised. During the 2013 craziness following SH, LT would answer the phone and give a truthful answer about wait times. I did not buy Stelath upper as they said they were running 12 to 16 moths on them in mid 2013!

NC

CodyY

I have 300blk 12" and 14.5" 5.56 stealth barrels. Waiting on my stamp for the 300, but the 14.5 is better than me, which probably isn't saying anything. Few hundred rounds down the pipe, but it hits sillouetes at 400 with a red dot and cheap ammo.

If I could afford it, I'd have another uurg/rifle
e7f56c0935db5dfb8e6906a94d13c20f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Got the upper this past week and put it together on Friday. Component quality was top notch and the attention to detail was superb. It was nice that the barrel was dimpled for all three holes in the gas block. It appears the BCG is nitrided which is a plus just for sheer ease of cleaning (whenever that may be required). Upper assembly went very smoothly. The toughest part was trying to get the brake timed correctly with the shims, as the instructions for that are very vague. after 20 or so minutes of fiddling i decided that the juice wasn't worth the squeeze as a 3 chamber brake on a 12in barrel would be obnoxious and i don't have a larue supplarue 12in.jpgerssor to mount on it. So i picked up a BCM gunfighter comp. Ran ot of time this weekend to get to the range but will be getting there next week.

Was finally able to get out to the range and get her a rough zero (I plan on refining it once there is less wind and can get to a better platform). I'm running an H2 buffer that came with the lower and shes shoots super flat and super smooth. Vipers a little top heavy but its managable. Only was able to get a little over 100 rds of 55gr and 20 rds of 62gr. But was able to get hits out to 450 pretty consistently once I could get the wind figured out. First impression is amazing! I'm trying to keep a semi accurate round count, cleaning schedule, and malfunctions log recorded and will update here as each mile stone hits.