Introductions Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
Stuck behind enemy lines in Northern Illinois (booooo) but doing my best to keep the dream alive. Volunteer firearms instructor for the Illinois State Rifle Association, USPSA Production shooter and all around Illinoisian double-agent trying to push back at the nonsense around here without getting political.

I'm Alex, out of NE Ohio, 29 years old. PA Gunsmith School graduate, ITT/Exelis armorer in Kuwait(Jan '12-Jan '14) worked on vehicle mounted machineguns mostly. Unfortunately I couldn't find a gun job after that, so now I hold a steering wheel for a living. Been a gun nerd since I had the Internet, my Dad showed me how to shoot, video games and movies showed me how cool guns are.

When the schedules jive, I'd love to get into training and competition. Somehow I've lived right outside Youngstown my whole life and didn't know about the Alliance range, so going there is definitely on my short list.

TommyHerbs

Hi I'm Tommy. Just a civilian enthusiast, never had professional training or any 2A mentor. I'm from the best coast, specifically Oakland, California. Grew up and lived all over the bay area from San Francisco, to San Jose to Oakland.
I come from a die hard anti gun family. At a young age I became enamored by the technology of firearms. As my family tried to push me away &/or condemned my interest of this " taboo" subject, I started to question the values and philosophy of the progressive politics I grew up with. My father is an immigrant from New Zealand, he served in the army there. My mother is a 1st generation America with her family coming from Guatemala. Raised mainly by my mother, after her divorce with my father due to her being a lesbian. So a very lefty progressive matriarchy was my upbringing, and my mother teaching me to "let my freak flag fly" has only hardened my undying belief in the 2nd amendment

My first firearms were a Taurus PT40 & an Arisaka T38 carbine, I've since got rid
of both those. Found P&S when Karl K of InrangeTV was first invited on the Modcast, been hooked ever since.

DsD89

Sweet. I wasn’t aware of the forum until today. Just been a long time lurker on the FB groups.

Name is David. Non LE/Mil, currently a welder in the oil fields of west Texas. Was in a LE academy in Jan last year but dropped out due to personal reasons and family health matters. Always had an interest in firearms. Whether it be for hunting or personal defense. Always willing to learn and expand my horizons.

Ccorden

Howdy,

Names Colin. Non mil/leo, just a dumbass civilian ;). I manage a commercial ammunition company in Skagit county. I shoot uspsa competitively and work part time as a range officer and firearms consultant.

Pearce

Amateur
Pearce,

Longtime lurker on the facebook groups. Just got out of the Army after seven years. Currently living in Central Texas and working my way through the hiring process as an LEO. Just here to expand my knowledge base.

Last edited:

Cadonny

I'm Chris, civilian up here in NH. No mil or LEO experience. Trying to educate myself on the matters discussed here, but don't have a lot to bring to the table so I mostly just lurk.

JS1

Amateur
Hi! I'm Jake. I'm a cop in Michigan. I am beginning to shoot competitively in a local 3 gun group. I have been lurking for a while around the facebook and discord for a while. I'm just trying to soak up all the knowledge I have and maybe share a thing or two if someone wants to know what I have to say.

wcy

My name is Will. I'm an EMT with a metalworking background. Recently went through TECC training because of active shooter incidents in my locale.

JDJackson

Greetings. I'm Jamie. I've been in Health Care 45 years, currently an RN working ER in Eat Tennessee. Former Corpsman from way back when. Done a bit of training.
I've obviously been living under a rock as I've only recently discovered the P&S Modcast. Outstanding content and much appreciated.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.