Unity Clutch Belt Setups & Discussion

Unity-Trent

Amateur
Vendor
Mods, if this is in the wrong place please move / delete.

Now that Clutch belts are getting into the wild, I am interested to see how different users set them up, modify them, and get the most out of them for their specific use.

Here is my belt. I use this belt for range training, travel kit, hunting, easy-on at home, etc. I may switch around a few things depending on what I am doing, but its very quick.

L to R on belt

-2x G17 mags in Kydex Pouch
-2x Rifle Mags in ITW FastMags
-Velocity Gloves - This is the adjustment cell, the belt fits me perfectly, so I removed the adjustment shock cord
-2x ASP Flex Cuffs - In most cases I have a knife and handheld light in this pocket (Shown Below)
-G19 / T-1 / XC-1 - This cell has an open bottom so larger pistols can be used. In some cases I have a G19, X300, Suppressor in a custom holster
-CLEER Pocket IFAK & RAT TQ - This cell is also perfect for the CLEER MBOK
-I don't currently have anything in the admin pocket, though I sometimes store the gloves or other small misc items

Here are some additional uses for the overlapping velcro front:

TQ on a hanger, accessible centerline

Glow Sticks

Orionz06

Staff member
Vendor
How does the pistol sit in there? Is it something that is standalone/universal or would it benefit from a slip in shell?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

Moz

Any ideas on a timeline for restock? I'd really like to get one to play around with.

SoTex

Amateur
Necro post, but in an attempt to keep any information on the clutch in the same thread:

Does anyone have any pictures or willing to discuss the concealability of this in street clothes? It goes without saying this is dependent on how much stuff you carry, how you're built, and what you're wearing but I'd like to hear about some first hand experiences and/or see some pictures.

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
Necro post, but in an attempt to keep any information on the clutch in the same thread:

Does anyone have any pictures or willing to discuss the concealability of this in street clothes? It goes without saying this is dependent on how much stuff you carry, how you're built, and what you're wearing but I'd like to hear about some first hand experiences and/or see some pictures.

Same boat here, curious what all its being used for. Also, if anyone has tried it for a running rig.

Longeye

Established
Jared Reston had a good post up on Facebook featuring his setup. He was doing plainclothes crowd control work. He had a pile of gear on and didn't look like any thing but a gray haired dad.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

krax

Mine arrived today. I'm digging it so far.

More often than not it'll be worn over a CCW-type setup, so I'm glad I ordered a large. I think I'll be separating an IFAK into bleeding and airway/respiration kits and putting each kit into a cell on the CLUTCH.

jnc36rcpd

Trent, while I realize it is not ideal, would IWB Kydex holster belt clips work? I'd like to be able to switch between my duty weapon and my Shield. This would primarily be for working out. Thanks.

krax

Progress report. I made up the IFAK pieces and thought I'd share what I've got going on.

I got two of these: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-3-...EC-_-rv_gm_pip_rr-_-207153594-_-204853188-_-N. I actually just wanted the medium-sized pouch from each, but for $7, I'll gladly have some extra pouches lying around. If you want a different/better pouch, 5x7" is about the right size for the way I've laid out the contents.

In the first pouch, I've got a QC combat gauze, an H&H compressed gauze, a flat-rolled 4" Ace wrap, and a pair of gloves. In the second is a chest dart, NPA, HALO two-pack, and a pair of small EMT shears. The pouches are a bit too wide for the Clutch cells, so the outer 3/4" of each is folded down prior to stuffing it into the cell. The slight excess makes for a snug fit that I don't think will require extra retention (it'll need field testing to confirm).

Right now the bleeder pouch is in the cell closer to the front and the other is right behind it. I'll probably mark them with a paint marker or find different colored pouches to replace these.

krax

From what I've tried, CNC Keroman (Glock w/light), Bladtech (Glock w/o light, Safariland ALS (Glock w/light). Pretty much anything other than pancake-type holsters with a wide footprint. The slots at 3 and 9 can be a pocket with a closed bottom or a pass-through. Depending on the holster, you may or may not have to remove the belt hardware to attach the hook velcro to get it to stick in the cell.

More importantly for me, it fits over AIWB holsters and pancake-type OWB holsters pretty well.

krax

Update: Got the Clutch insert kit and it's good.

I replaced my kydex pistol mag pouch with the pistol mag insert to which I like better. One thing the kydex has going for it is rigidity for reinserting mags. If you were topping off your pistol and needed to stow the partial mag in a hurry, you can always get it into the open cell albeit with iffy retention.

The M4 mag insert is just right for a SOFT-W.

The GP/IFAK insert was just what I needed for the IFAK pouches I'm using. The cells hold them in OK, but without extra retention of some sort sometimes one or both would get squeezed out of their cell like toothpaste. I just wish I had a second IFAK insert for my second IFAK pouch.

The only downside is that right now the inserts are only available as a set and not as individual pieces.

Overall, I'm starting to think I could have gone with a medium, but the large isn't sliding off or anything. One con I've discovered is that the way I wear the Clutch blocks easy access to my pants pockets because of the width of the whole thing. Not a huge issue since I usually end up moving some things out of those pockets anyway.