Looking for help with load-out. LH pistol. RH rifle.

jwood1284

I'm left handed and right eye dominant. I came up shooting pistol RH but made the switch to LH about two years ago after receiving instruction. I'm looking for recommendations on where/how to carry rifle mags.

I use a G-Code belt system with a SL ALS/RTI on the left, pistol mags on the right. So far I've tried BFG ten-speed M4 pouches at my 10 & 11 o'clock. Reload access is good, but the mags dig into my upper thigh and ribs when moving, especially when crouching. Right now I'm looking into chest rigs for rifle mags.

Are there any cross-dominant folks who would like to make suggestions or share their loadout?

Joe _K

Established
I would take a look at how Aaron Cowan runs his setup, as I'm 99% certain you and he are in the same boat.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Fatboy

Established
@Bill Blowers He might have some good info since he's the resident cross dominant guy.

Many years ago I used to run my gear cross dominant like that due to being left handed with pistols and right with rifles. My preferred method was to keep pistol gear on a belt. Mags, holster, etc all of it was on a belt if it was pistol related. It was set up for the lefty. Rifle stuff went on my body armor setup for right handed use. I would alternate between an armor set up and chest rig. The only concession I really had to make to accommodate the cross dominance was the way I slung my rifle. To be able to effectively get my rifle out of the way of my pistol gear and draw stroke, I would have to avoid slinging it muzzle down. Basically just route the sling over my left shoulder instead of the right.

Later on for several reasons, I learned to use the pistol right handed. Now I can run my gear like a normal person.

I'm opposite. RH pistol LH rifle

I run two rifle mag carriers behind my pistol on my 4:30-5:30 position. As long as you keep them high on the belt they work fine. If they hang low they will bounce off your ass and move around a bunch.

jwood1284

I'm opposite. RH pistol LH rifle

I run two rifle mag carriers behind my pistol on my 4:30-5:30 position. As long as you keep them high on the belt they work fine. If they hang low they will bounce off your ass and move around a bunch.

I'll try this. I may also try some rifle Scorpions or Tacos in this position if the BFGs flop around too much.

Camb453

Its been a few years but might as well put some input. I have trained a few times with Dan Ibach(former Unit guy). He shoots Pistol RH and Rifle LH. He puts his rifle mags behind his pistol holster on his belt and it works for him.