The Roland Special

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
Ok but on 3/21/17 you said you were also on week three, did you order two different barrels or am I losing it lol?

Edit: as for finish did not elect to receive the matte black either, just the standard silver.

Charged on 3/17/17. Ordered about 2 weeks before. I found the discrepancy in dates. I found an email I sent to them from end of Feb. there was a delay in getting in contact with them to actually order. So total about 6 weeks from order to shipment.

My order would be within days of yours.

Abusek

Charged on 3/17/17. Ordered about 2 weeks before. I found the discrepancy in dates. I found an email I sent to them from end of Feb. there was a delay in getting in contact with them to actually order. So total about 6 weeks from order to shipment.

My order would be within days of yours.
Awesome. That means I should hopefully have mine within a week, I have already purchased and received the VG3 and X300U-A from @IkeInTexas

Yondering

Right, that is exactly what I was comparing, with the goals of determining which loads yielded the best overall performance with regards to both speed and accuracy at distance.

It wasn't obvious (to me) that a hotter load (with a lighter bullet) would still feel hotter, given the mitigating forces generated by the compensator.

I thought that was the whole premise of the "lightweight projectile/high gas volume vs heavy projectile/low gas volume in a comp'ed gun" discussion.

But yeah, apparently it's true.

The point was that you'll see more reduction in recoil (comparing with/without the comp) with "light bullet/more powder" loads than with heavy bullets. Meaning, the comp might give 30% recoil reduction with 115gr +P+, and only 10% reduction with 147gr. (those are arbitrary numbers for an example)

That does not mean you should expect less total recoil from a +P+ load vs standard P. If you were to compare 115gr +P to 147gr +P, your results would be very different than what you saw.

Wake27

I'm glad I actually waited for once. Ordered a black nitride from OP Tactical yesterday and it shipped this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick4673

Amateur
FWIW, I got out to test Federal HST in 147gr, 124gr, and 124gr +p. The best Federal load shot about twice the group as Speer G2 and the worst was just awful. 147gr G2 still went into just over 3" for ten rounds at 50 yards, and I was able to put 10 rounds into the A zone of an ipsc target shooting prone at 100. Decision made. I am just having a blast with this rig!

OK-5-0

Can you use your irons with the RMR on the MOS 19? I originally had a Vortex Venom on mine, but it blocked the rear sight. I now have a Viper on it that lets me see 80-90% of the rear notch.
With my setup, yes. The irons are Truglo suppressor sights. My eyes blow right past them now and go straight to the target. So funny coming from the iron sights being instilled in me for so long.

OK-5-0

With my setup, yes. The irons are Truglo suppressor sights. My eyes blow right past them now and go straight to the target. So funny coming from the iron sights being instilled in me for so long.
Sorry, they are AmeriGlo suppressor sights.

Abusek

Got in the barrel and comp from KKM after 9 weeks. Despite the fact that I'm an impatient person, I've no regret now from ordering from KKM direct. Just installed and put Blue Loctite on the Comp set screws. Plan on getting at least a couple hundred rounds through it in the next couple days.
IMG_0579.jpg

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
Got in the barrel and comp from KKM after 9 weeks. Despite the fact that I'm an impatient person, I've no regret now from ordering from KKM direct. Just installed and put Blue Loctite on the Comp set screws. Plan on getting at least a couple hundred rounds through it in the next couple days.
View attachment 1706

Does the grip tape on the slide stay put pretty well, or does it need replacing/repositioning very often?

ggammell

Does anyone seem to have a really high point of impact with thier RS?

I'm using ameriglo all black suppressor height sights with the KKM barrel/comp. The sights seems to be point of aim point of impact at 5 yards and really high at 15. Ammo was American Eagle 147 fmj. That's all I brought for a function test run at the range. So I'll try other variations. Seems like a really high trajectory.

sreidy

Amateur

I'm using ameriglo all black suppressor height sights with the KKM barrel/comp. The sights seems to be point of aim point of impact at 5 yards and really high at 15. Ammo was American Eagle 147 fmj. That's all I brought for a function test run at the range. So I'll try other variations. Seems like a really high trajectory.
My setup shot high right from the outset. I started with Dawson adjustables before going to the RMR so it was correctable for me.

Yondering

Are you talking about the red dot or the irons?

If it's the fixed iron sights, you get what you get unless you're willing to try different height front sights. Different ammo will have different POI too, with heavier 147 loads impacting higher in most cases, and it will change for different shooters as well.

If it's the red dot, just adjust your zero of course. A zero at 5 yards will naturally be high at 15 and even more so at 25. You can zero at 10 or 15 though and only be a tiny bit low up close.

ggammell

Are you talking about the red dot or the irons?

If it's the fixed iron sights, you get what you get unless you're willing to try different height front sights. Different ammo will have different POI too, with heavier 147 loads impacting higher in most cases, and it will change for different shooters as well.

If it's the red dot, just adjust your zero of course. A zero at 5 yards will naturally be high at 15 and even more so at 25. You can zero at 10 or 15 though and only be a tiny bit low up close.

Irons.

I quickly adjusted my RMR. Good to know about the flight path.

Yondering

That makes sense. Dawson and other sight companies do sell different height front suppressor sights for that reason. I had to use a non-standard height on mine as well. If you have the dot zeroed, you can line up the rear sight and the dot to estimate how much your front sight should change. Or just don't worry about it, and remember the iron zero is different.

Just for info - a 5 yard zero with that load and suppressor sights should be about 1" high at 15yd, and a max of ~2" high out to ~50 yards. That varies with the shooter though, and small differences in your up-close zero make a big difference down range. I mostly use a 10 yard zero myself which is pretty flat to at least 50 yards depending on the load.