Thread Protector Issue

20141209_132435_zpsb40446fe.jpeg

This is my current home defense set-up and its also my carry gun minus the suppressor. Now the issue I'm having is that when I take the suppressor off to go carry mode I put the thread protector on the threaded barrel. Now most of my carry rigs are opened bottom so not a huge deal until you realize that walking around all day with an open bottom rig eventually unscrews the thread protector and it falls down your pants and ultimately out of your pants. Now I lost one thread protector this way, granted they are not expensive but I don't want to continuously buy them either. My threaded barrel and thread protector are Lone Wolf. For the time being I've gone back to just putting in the stock barrel when I carry so I don't need to worry about the thread protector. I'm wondering if there is a better way to go about this and not have to change the barrel every time but not lose my thread protector either. Are there better threaded barrels and protectors out there? Or do I just continue to throw in the stock barrel in carry mode? 1st world problems!

ptrlcop

Established
I'm too lazy to constantly be switching shit out, or even clearing guns for dry fire. I currently have a duty/carry g17 and a nightstand g17. I am waiting on a third to arrive so that I have one for carry when I don't want a light(I'm also gonna chop it for 19 mags).

Until recently we had to use 40s for work. I had a 22 for duty, 23 for off duty, 27 bug, and 17 training gun. We now allow 9s and I sold all the 40s. Once I am transitioned I will have a duty 17, training/nightstand 17, 17chopped for 19 mags for off duty, and a shield(or single stack Glock if they release it in time) bug.

MisterHelix

You might want to try putting some pink Teflon pipe thread tape on your barrel threads before screwing on the thread protector.

Works pretty good on mine.

IkeInTexas

Vendor
VIP
There's a couple of options for keeping the thread protector on.

1) A little teflon tape

2) Put an O-ring on the barrel

Either of those will work and keep the thread protector from walking off. Like mentioned previously, the more permanent solution would be another gun but for now these fixes will solve your issue.

Ike

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
Is your EDC holster made for threaded barrels? The one I carry every day is extended beyond the factory barrel and shields the thread protector from being spun off inadvertently.