500 lumen x300Ua

JPitts0117

does anyone know if this can be converted to a 600 lumen light, or am I stuck with 500 lumens til I buy/ trade for a newer or b model?

IkeInTexas

Vendor
VIP
You're stuck at 500 unless you buy the new model or do the overready upgrade.

I wouldn't worry about the 100 lumen difference as it's not enough to really matter. If I had a choice between 500 or 600 I'd obviously pick 600 but If you already have the 500 lumen version I'd just stick with that.

Ike

JHaddock07

Amateur
Per the technicians I spoke to at Surefire. The eye will not be able to visually discern between a 500 and 600 lumen version UNLESS they are side by side. Even then, it's tough. I tested that statement in both normal and low light conditions and agree with the tech.'s statement but like others have said, Mo' lumens is mo' better if you have the option of course.

However, If for some reason you have to send it in for repair they will upgrade it to the latest internals (600 lumen). I would ASSUME that there's an additional cost associated with said internal update / upgrade, but we all know what happens when we assume things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

N

nate89

I agree with what has been said above. I own a couple 300ua units, and even when comparing to the 300ub that two of my friends have, it is difficult to tell a difference, especially if you are actually comparing real world use between the two. I would't worry about it.

Paul053

Amateur
I remember listening to an old episode of p&s and Adam Pini was saying that later production x300U - a lights were in fact rating closer to 600 than they were 500. When the B model finally came out it was an excuse to make the official bump to 600 with the introduction of the new mounting system. I own two A models and not getting wrapped around the axle about not having a B model.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

JPitts0117

Thanks guys that's what I thought. I don't have any reason to send it back to surefire at least that I've noticed. I like the A model mount, definitely more secure than the tlr1 hl I had before it

N

nate89

Also, consider that Surefire shortly discontinued the "a" model, and promptly brought it back. I personally have had much better luck with the A model, and see no reason to switch. @Tricks had the bolt on his b model shear off, and that isn't the only instance I have heard of. If both were available to me now, and I was buying it over, I would still go with the A, even if it was 100 lumens less (and it really isn't anymore).