Carbine Training at Valor Ridge (Rifleman 1) Reid Henrichs

Freedom Forged

I dont do good AAR's or good write-ups for that matter so I'm just gonna just spew truth.

1. The range that Reid has built at Valor Ridge is fantastic! It apparently has great drainage built in as it POURED rain just the night before class started yet the range was dry. The range and entire facility was very clean.
2. Reid and his two other instructors for this class were very knowledgeable, helpful, welcoming, courteous and professional.
3. Classroom time was not wasted time. Necessary information, well worth the time.
4. Range time was maximized. Few breaks, fast paced yet slow enough for you to absorb the instruction. Eat and drink when you can. I like that. I didn't go for a County Club atmosphere. It was serious rifle training.
5. It wasn't an "attendance" class, it was a "satisfactory completion of standards" class in order to receive you certificate.
6. Reid is very serious about training you to meet certain standards and he wants you to 'Get It"!
7. Not a detailed description of the class but the high spots are as follows: 1200 or so rounds of rifle ammo and 200 or so rounds of pistol. The usual 4 gun safety rules, muzzle awareness, trigger discipline. Accuracy from 7 yards out to 300 yards using steel and paper. Shooting elevation changes, 4 types of malfunction clearing, Transitioning to pistol, 7 or 8 different shooting positions, team drills, shooting from C&C, shooting and moving, communicating, shooting under stress and exertion. I'm sure I left some things out.
8. The two day class was two FULL days.

Observations:

1. Their is a LOT of shit you don't know till you know!
2. Their is a LOT of shit you think you know and don't!
3. Most people have WAY too much shit on their rifle.
4. Nearly everyone if they admit it will change the way their rifle is set-up after or during the class.
5. Most people wear WAY too much gear and it started coming off quickly.
6. Most people DON'T bring the things they need to bring. Chapstick, tools, lube, be it oil, grease or goose shit, whichever product you believe in.
7. People bring rifles to class that are NOT sighted in. I know, hard to believe.
8. Some folks pay good money for instruction and DON'T pay attention.
9. VR is no BS training company.

Last thoughts. I would not hesitate to recommend Valor Ridge, this course or any other of the VR course for that matter. I'll be going back for pistol ASAP.
FF