Glock 43 upgrades

I started carrying a 43 for carry in NPE environments (work) and as a BUG. Is it worth changing the stock Glock sights on this pistol or would my money best be spent elsewhere? This is the first time I've carried a pistol this small and I know the first upgrade on a compact or full size is sights. Anything different with this one?

Addendum: What other recommendations come for this pistol?

FATAL

I also pocket carry one as a BUG, I have changed the sights to match my duty gun, Ameriglo Spartans. I have also added the TRL6 and plan on ordering a extended slide stop.

JHaddock07

Amateur
In the case of the 43 I would say if nothing else at least upgrade from the stock sights... aside from that and in no particular order I would consider...

Stipple / Undercut: increases traction on the grip as well as allowing for a slightly higher grip on the gun.

Magazine Extension: increasing magazine capacity while simultaneously giving an increased grip surface. If conceal-ability is unacceptable with an extension in the primary magazine then I would AT LEAST have one for the reload.

Trigger: for me it's a familiarity thing. I have an Agency in my primary carry gun, I would like to keep that trigger feel as consistent as possible across the board.

Extended Slide Stop: Again this is a traction issue where I want every available advantage I can get when trying to either correct a malfunction or get the gun back into action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

weaver1032

I started carrying a G43 mid last year as a BUG and NPE. I upgraded mine to be consistent with all my other Glocks. This is: Vickers mag release amd slide stop, Trijicom HD sights, and Vickers mag extensions on a handful of mags and a couple mags with a factory pinky extension and a 1 flush fit mag. I really like the idea of the TLR6 but haven't been impressed by the couple I've had hands on.

Glock 43 and 26 sized guns get standard HD sights amd 19 and 17s are migrating to HD XR sights.

K.O.A.M.

Amateur
I have a Duty Series frame package from Boresight, Trijicon HD's, Vickers controls, and the Vickers magazine extension. I've been using a Safariland 577 for AIWB carry, but think I'm going to try one of the S.O.B. condom holsters when they get back in stock.

ffemt11b

I also pocket carry one as a BUG, I have changed the sights to match my duty gun, Ameriglo Spartans. I have also added the TRL6 and plan on ordering a extended slide stop.

What holster do you use to pocket carry with the TLR6?

ST911

I installed a set of Ameriglo Hackathorns, #GL-436. The features and overall profile of these give me a clear, uncluttered, no-glare, snag-free carry configuration. Centered in the dovetail, they shot to the middle of an 8” circle at 25yds. The Glock OEM sights are functional, but these are easier to pick up in space, track through recoil, and align precisely.

The latest connector, marked 33564 is a noticeable improvement. If your gun is recent, it should have shipped with it.

Attachments

• IMG_2677.jpg
    IMG_2677.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2679.jpg
    IMG_2679.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2681.jpg
    IMG_2681.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 68
  • g43newconnector2.jpg
    g43newconnector2.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 70

WUtah

Sights are a good starting point, not so much because the stock ones don't work but the rear can dislodge fairly easy. The 43 has a good trigger from the factory but I added a Taran Tactical connector which keeps the stock feeling but lightens it up (It feels in the 4lb range). The Taran Tactical +1 grip extension works good for squeezing another round out of the mag but keeping a similar overall dimension of the stock mag. If you want a little more length for your pinky, the +2 extension works well for that.

Joe _K

Established
Thought this was pretty sweet.

9c624cf96c967ea21ad1d2b850e0cda2.jpg

Not my pic, gun, or winch, just traded my 43 for an RMR 06 to build my first RS.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
Violentia Operandi