Watches/timepieces/wrist top computers

TJ208

What do you wear to get work done. What do you wear to look good. What works what doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill Blowers

Sausage Six Actual
VIP
Suunto Vector or G-shock for work/EDC. Just sent the Suunto back for the $50 facelift and it was worth it, it looks brand new again. (By the way,don't use a dremel to "polish" scratches out of the face)

My wife just bought me a 5.11 HRT watch but I sent it back and got a Seiko 007 for weddings and such.

Matt

Staff member
Marathon GSAR, 2009 Vintage. Newer model GSARs have a different watch face which has many smaller hash marks between the hour markings. I have zero class when it comes to watches and just wear this all the time. In the future I'd like to get an Omega Seamaster DeVille for a nice looking watch to wear with things other than casual attire.

SFPD2010

Amateur
Luminox 3042. Bright as shit at night, isn't so large I bump it into everything, and cheap enough that if I jack it up I won't cry over it.
A.3042_big.png

Mcgrubbs

Marathon TSAR, 5yrs now. Last two years have been on the steel bracelet. I wear it 99% of the time. Excellent watch

TomF

$15 Casio at work. Has all the features I use and I haven't managed to break it yet. Been dunked in a bucket of bleach water a number of times to clean other people's nastiness off it. I'd like a "nicer" one but this has done fine so far. Luminox is probably the step up for similar features in a more robust package, I just haven't spent the money yet.

99945624_v_1423903800.jpg

I have a Seiko diver that I wear for nicer events but I really don't like automatics.

MrMurphy

Citizen Eco-Drive, the basic "military" model that's not a dive watch, covered in diamonds or made of unobtanium.

Ten or fifteen minutes in sunlight or artificial light and you're good for months. Considering I've got my left arm hanging out the window of a Crown Vic for 12 hours at a time the fucker's charged until 2245 A.D after one shift or so....

Big_Phil

Casio Pathfinder, going on 3 years still works great. Altimeter seems to work well, thermometer not so much. But it's solar powered which is the best feature in my opinion.

ab25fa39aaee022016685354219aa89f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longeye

Established
Bremont MB-1. Because I can, and Martin Baker pays more than half of it when you rate one. For the most part I wear an armour lite or a good ol' Suunto vector.

image1-76.jpg

Interesting.... What airframe did you punch out of? What is the back story?

Primarily wear a Sinn GSG9. I've dove with it, and the oil filled case makes it fantastic under water. You can truly see it perfect at any angle. I love the watch. Wife bought it for me as a present. She had it shipped from Germany all on the down low. Only other watch I wear is a Omeha Seamaster, black face. I've had that one for about 17 years. Great watch, but I rock my Sinn far more often.

MojoNixon

Established
5 year old Luminox, I don't recall the model, but it gets beat in the shop at work and is still going strong, still looks good enough to be my nice watch. An old, old, pre G-Shock Casio that just keeps on going, not matter how badly I treat it, not my nice watch. Handed down a Seiko Chrono to my youngest son and a really old Swiss Army Wenger (I think) to my oldest son, who has replaced it (why, I have no idea) with the Casio Tom F showed a few posts up from here.

MojoNixon

Established
0528C2E9-6704-4037-92CF-7D0C2BA9B387.jpegThe solar/atomic G-Shock my boys got me for my birthday in 2018. I have sold off my pair of old Luminox watches and wear this exclusively now.