An Abomination: Let’s desecrate a Schofield

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Gunsmith called, the revolver is ready for final inspection and approval before the shroud gets sent off for cerakote. I’ll be going in a bit later today to take a look and will get plenty of pics!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
AE92A5DB-FDAA-42AA-83A2-4F05C2DB734F.jpeg

FUCK. YES.

5C7C72D9-8719-4C74-8671-DD2A864AB350.jpeg

46B3A17B-2C3E-4FEF-8AB7-03BCE702BCBB.jpeg

C8E5066C-2081-42AE-9051-64828CF2372F.jpeg

My gunsmith did an amazing job with this, it’s solid as a rock and looks fantastic. The shroud and new hardware will be going off tomorrow to get refinished, and then it’ll be all done but for the shooting.

I did also make a stop at the local Cabela’s and grabbed a little ammo for this monster.

BCE03173-A21B-4B0A-BA57-F7070617DC40.jpeg

This is still mostly intended to just be a fun display project and I doubt I’ll put more than a few dozen rounds through the gun per year, but it’s absolutely going to remain a functional gun when all said and done.

81193E8E-F766-4A81-ABC5-23DF1731F4F3.jpeg

Nearing the finish line now!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Impressive.

I’m very jealous!

Thank you! I’m quite pleased with how it’s turning out. The gunsmith really did an incredible job, especially considering I basically brought him the Schofield and a M-Lok rail for a MCX and said “I want this on this and I want it to look good. Figure it out.”

Reactions: 22F

Smith

You, Sir, are an evil mastermind, and I love it. This gun could literally come off a steampunk or cyberpunk movie set.

But how are you going to holster it?

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
You, Sir, are an evil mastermind, and I love it. This gun could literally come off a steampunk or cyberpunk movie set.

But how are you going to holster it?

It’d need some custom leather to fit. I may look into getting something at some point in the future, but to be honest I never really intended it to be carried

BenNL

It’d need some custom leather to fit. I may look into getting something at some point in the future, but to be honest I never really intended it to be carried
Or use a S&S WeaponLink GRT. Don't know if they have an M-lok version, but a short piece of pic rail would do the job.

veriest1

It almost needs a Flaming Pig type forward blast enhancer tucked inside the shroud to make the bore look really big.

As it stands, when it's open, it looks a lot like a grenade launcher and I love it.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I forgot to take pictures of the muzzle end when I last saw it at the ‘smiths but it’s a very nice visual appearance due to how the shroud is mounted to the revolver. I’ll make sure to show it in detail when I get the gun back

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Update call from the gunsmith - the Cerakote applier that they use caught the ‘rona and was out of commission for a short while. The ‘smith says he should be getting the parts back the end of this week and it should be ready for pickup next week!

Reactions: 22F