Walther PDP

UsedJuniper

Picked up a Compact 4" recently and a question Re: trigger behavior.
Is the "ghost" wall prior to a heavier take-up typical of this trigger? And would anyone say the trigger shown in the video shows typical behavior of the trigger?

YetiSam

Amateur
Picked up a Compact 4" recently and a question Re: trigger behavior.
Is the "ghost" wall prior to a heavier take-up typical of this trigger? And would anyone say the trigger shown in the video shows typical behavior of the trigger?

Video a compact followed by a 4” full size. They both remind me of a mil-spec 2 stage trigger with a sorta mushy first stage.

SamR

I'm in the same pickle. I'd love a Phlster Pro or even better for me, a JMCK AIWB 2.5 to run with my TLR7A.

Still waiting on Safariland to drop a 7360 RDS or 6360 RDS too....

Not sure if you saw, the Phlster Pro dropped end of last week. Still in stock last I looked....

Royroy

Amateur
I emailed Safariland about two weeks ago about duty holsters for the PDP line. Their response was we don’t have anything in the works, and it takes 6 mos to a year to develop a holster.

Chris at ghostmandesigns hooked me up and can alter duty holsters to fit and lock up with the PDP.

Still waiting on my C&h plate, but from experience with other platforms I would be willing to bet the C&h is a better fit, thinner, and lighter than the factory plate.

As far as the Ghost wall goes neither of my full size 4.5 PDP have it. Especially after swapping in the dynamic trigger. I would take a look at your safety plunger and see if it is sticking.

I emailed Safariland about two weeks ago about duty holsters for the PDP line. Their response was we don’t have anything in the works, and it takes 6 mos to a year to develop a holster.

Chris at ghostmandesigns hooked me up and can alter duty holsters to fit and lock up with the PDP.

Still waiting on my C&h plate, but from experience with other platforms I would be willing to bet the C&h is a better fit, thinner, and lighter than the factory plate.

As far as the Ghost wall goes neither of my full size 4.5 PDP have it. Especially after swapping in the dynamic trigger. I would take a look at your safety plunger and see if it is sticking.

I thought it was stated somewhere during the release that Safariland was working on a duty holster for the PDP. Did I mishear that?

“A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.” - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Royroy

Amateur
I thought it was stated somewhere during the release that Safariland was working on a duty holster for the PDP. Did I mishear that?

Walther’s website said coming soon. So I figured I would drop a line to Safariland and see what soon meant.

80ea3d849f3dd92ebca46a8934148b5b.jpg

Just a follow up

HCrum87hc

Amateur
You’re correct, but I have full the full size.
Cody said in the Instagram live on Wednesday that they're coming soon, but that's been the message for a while now. I know they have some on hand, but they're all having to be sold with new pistols.

Hodgie

Does anyone with connections to Walther know what plates are being supplied to the Australian market, through the Australian distributor, Frontier Arms? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Carl Volt

It's been a year almost now, there even was a guy on the on Modcast 259 from Safariland, yet Walthers website says the holsters are still "coming soon"
Any updates? I figured trying to get a Safariland holster for a PDP with an ACRO and a X300 should be reasonable since they are reputable attachments, but I can't even find either the ACRO or the X300 on the Safariland holster finder for the PDP. What gives?

Just confirming, the PDP still drops the striker on an out-of-battery trigger press on current models? Really the only thing holding me back from buying one, if they fixed this it would be an easy decision.

HCrum87hc

Amateur
Just confirming, the PDP still drops the striker on an out-of-battery trigger press on current models? Really the only thing holding me back from buying one, if they fixed this it would be an easy decision.

From what I've been hearing after SHOT, the new PRO model and the future regular PDP models have eliminated this issue, and the slides will all now have cut outs for recoil lugs on future optic plates.

Carl Volt

Why is this holsters release not mentioned on any P&S related media (FB, ig, forum, youtube (searching "PDP" on the P&S Subreddit yields 0 reults) ) Especially considering how this series of holsters is considered the gold standard, and how it was expected on launch because of P&S having a Safari rep on the launch podcast.

Many people bought the PDP with the anticipation of this being available at launch because of trusting the modcast.
With the optic plate gaps, issues, mags not being available at launch, out of battery on contact issues being ignored, the one holster people wanted not being available for 3 YEARS, I'm wondering why I should even care what comes out through official P&S channels if what gets promoted is presented through rose tinted glasses, free Viktos shirts and writers events with free ammo, while the everyman can't even get mags or holsters.

The PDP is an interesting and usable gun, but so far it seems the only t-zone neutralized by this gun, is P&S' reputation.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Why is this holsters release not mentioned on any P&S related media (FB, ig, forum, youtube (searching "PDP" on the P&S Subreddit yields 0 reults) ) Especially considering how this series of holsters is considered the gold standard, and how it was expected on launch because of P&S having a Safari rep on the launch podcast.

Many people bought the PDP with the anticipation of this being available at launch because of trusting the modcast.
With the optic plate gaps, issues, mags not being available at launch, out of battery on contact issues being ignored, the one holster people wanted not being available for 3 YEARS, I'm wondering why I should even care what comes out through official P&S channels if what gets promoted is presented through rose tinted glasses, free Viktos shirts and writers events with free ammo, while the everyman can't even get mags or holsters.

The PDP is an interesting and usable gun, but so far it seems the only t-zone neutralized by this gun, is P&S' reputation.
So you are upset that a holster that was announced yesterday evening didn't get any press from P&S? It might be because I wasn't aware. I can't keep track of every release and I don't have any contacts within Safariland... So... good. It's about time duty holster is released. I've been using 320 holsters.

Seems you are upset with Walther. You might want to bring it to their attention. I can only provide info on stuff I have access to.

Carl Volt

You have not acknowleged a single issue with the PDP, nor publicly acknowleged Safariland dragging their ass. With what appears to be your intent with P&S, you should have put pressure towards speedy solutions.

Notice how you are currently responding faster to being called out, than the actual issues at hand.

Here's a picture of you with a Safariland rep that you claim to not know.
1710549449040.png