Favorite Whiskey

I'm partial right now to bourbons- Maker's Mark, Knob Creek and Bulleit being some of my favorites. Don't be afraid to check out Evan Williams, though it seems to be in the "cheap section".
I love Evan Williams! The Single Barrel is very comparable to Michter's American (at least the specific barrels I've had), and the Bottled In Bond are the best value imo.

My favorites are Knob Creek SB 120 store picks, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, and EWBIB.

I've been a big fan of Willett Family Rye, Johnny Drum & Old Bardstown Estate.
Seems you like almost everything Willet puts out! Have you had Noah's Mill or Rowan's Creek? I visited the Willet distillery last week and those seemed to be the favorites. Noah's mill is definitely my favorite Willet product!

I guess I am a weird one as I have not developed a taste for Scotch. Making a couple dozen trips to London every year for the past 18 years, I have collected and tasted Scotch from across the spectrum. I just don't get it. I prefer Rye to Bourbon but my favorites are just whiskey. The flavor profile on whiskey that does's have to fit into a certain descriptive box is more appealing to me. One of my favorite craft breweries, Real Ale in Blanco, Tx makes some great beer. They also take some of that great beer and distill it into some amazing whiskey. That bottle it under the Real Distillery name but I don't think they distribute it yet.

chasnojm

Seems you like almost everything Willet puts out! Have you had Noah's Mill or Rowan's Creek? I visited the Willet distillery last week and those seemed to be the favorites. Noah's mill is definitely my favorite Willet product!
I haven't. I was stationed and currently in NC so my trips back home to Cincy have been my old chances to get Willett products. They are the more rarer examples I enjoy beyond the old reliable items found in most liquor stores.

I haven't. I was stationed and currently in NC so my trips back home to Cincy have been my old chances to get Willett products. They are the more rarer examples I enjoy beyond the old reliable items found in most liquor stores.
Nice! I'm in Cincinnati right now. Impact shooting center in Cleves always hosts great instructors, if you get a chance.

semtex41

Favorite? Laphroaig 10 year is great. But Oban 14 is epic.

I would chime in with something I tried recently. The Trader Joes branded Single Malts are tasty.
They have a double maturation rum finish ($16) and another that is bourbon finish ($22?).
Both are great sipping wiskys before or after dinner.

I can snap some photos if interested.

Favorite? Laphroaig 10 year is great. But Oban 14 is epic.

I would chime in with something I tried recently. The Trader Joes branded Single Malts are tasty.
They have a double maturation rum finish ($16) and another that is bourbon finish ($22?).
Both are great sipping wiskys before or after dinner.

I can snap some photos if interested.
I'm interested! I hadn't thought of looking for whiskey there!

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned an Irish, this last Christmas time my wife ran out of her normal eggnog mixer which is Jameson, and killed the half full bottle of redbreast before I noticed and I about cried. What I get for not making sure she has her favorite sauce too

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned an Irish, this last Christmas time my wife ran out of her normal eggnog mixer which is Jameson, and killed the half full bottle of redbreast before I noticed and I about cried. What I get for not making sure she has her favorite sauce too
Redbreast 12 has definitely been my favorite Irish so far!

semtex41

It is a pleasant 40%.
Poured in the glass is the rum finish, which tastes amazing just neat.

d25f02342a467e362d4fec866e4dfb7a.jpg

cadd05f743bd084215e858fd811017f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Under $30: Old Grandad Bonded, JB Black Extra Aged

Under $50: Wild Turkey Rare Breed, Maker’s

Over $50: Col. E.H. Taylor, Booker’s and Noah’s Mill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joker75

Amateur
I'm far from a connoisseur, and tend to lean towards bourbons over ryes. Lately, Larceny has been my main, go to bourbon. I also enjoy Bulleit Bourbon, but one of my all time favorites has been Jefferson Very Small Batch. I have a list that I have compiled, from random sources, and have been slowly working my way through them. I have yet to break the $60 bottle, barrier, but have several on my list that will push me over that hurdle, in the near future.

I normally have several different bottles on hand, but my feelings towards them changes, depending on the day. I look forward to adding a few more options to my list, as this thread progresses.

Kilo Mike

Are any of you fine gentlemen able to recommend a decent whiskey for a beginner? I normally don't drink Liquor but I want to get a good bottle for casual sipping without having to experiment and buy full bottles of garbo hahaha

chasnojm

Are any of you fine gentlemen able to recommend a decent whiskey for a beginner? I normally don't drink Liquor but I want to get a good bottle for casual sipping without having to experiment and buy full bottles of garbo hahaha
I wouldn't consider myself an expert either, but don't go wild on price. Palate is so subjective that something one person likes might be off putting to another. If you can find Buffalo Trace, its not too pricey and most agree its great bottle. For cocktails, I rarely use more than Bulleit or equiv value.

Kilo Mike

I wouldn't consider myself an expert either, but don't go wild on price. Palate is so subjective that something one person likes might be off putting to another. If you can find Buffalo Trace, its not too pricey and most agree its great bottle. For cocktails, I rarely use more than Bulleit or equiv value.
Ill def. give Bulleit a try, Ive tried Buffalo trace and wasn't a fan- but It may just be an acquired taste issue

Thank you for the suggestions!