TQ carrier for civvy dress?

TacMed

Amateur
Looking for a low profile civilian dress TQ carrier, something that will fit well under a sport coat and/or untucked shirt. I have/use an ankle rig for most situations, but doesn't always fit every occasion. When I need to split the gear up, Izzy in a pocket, combat gauze in another, I just need a workable carry for the TQ.

Frosty_Bear

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop/flatpack-tourniquet-carrier/

PHLster flatpack is probably going to be the best carrier in terms of not disturbing the shape of your clothes. Anything in a suit or khaki pants pocket is going to be very noticeable if it's properly fitted.

If your sport coat is a single vent, maybe have it off to one side on the belt, but if you've got a double or side vent in a more British tradition, then you'd carry it in the center.

This may be uncomfortable while sitting down in a car though, so YMMV.

TacMed

Amateur
Keeping an eye this too. TacMed, are you using a CAT or SOFFT?
I carry both in my truck MCI kit, as I have found the CAT better for upper extremities (quicker to deploy) and the SOFTW better for lower (getting it around holsters, full BDU pockets, etc.). On my person it's usually the CAT.

PM07

Staff member
For the few times I wear a sport coat, I just throw it in the pocket. For on the belt low pro plain clothes, I use a BFG ten speed pouch to hold one. The PHLster flatpack is a excellent product.

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
Elastic bungee shock cord tied into a 3.5-4” loop. Run the loop under the belt and you have two loops. One above and one below the belt line. The TQ sits vertically with one end held by the top loop and the other by the bottom loop.

Frosty_Bear

What would the above offer that the flatpack doesn't? I see the slightly faster release with a tab and only one release rather than two, but it seems to have more stand off and is $10 more

Runcible

Runcible Works
Staff member
Vendor
Leading with the personal bias that I make gear from time to time; what would everyone’s ideal plainclothes TQ carrier look like?

How would you have it attach to the body, and in what manner would you have it carry the TQ?

br0deal

Another vote for the PHLster Flatpack. I carry a SOFT-TW in one, though I have to say the Gen 4 SOFT-TW and CAT 7 gets relegated to the Flatpack in a pocket because they print real bad when belt worn. A Gen 3 SOFT-TW disappears on the beltline though you won’t get the self application ease that plastic windlass clip on the G4 offers.

krax

PHLster Flatpack is great.

Also good for the same style of carry: Routing your belt through a BFG sling tube, rubber bands, velcro one-wrap. I don't usually carry a TQ horizontally on my belt if I'm truly trying to conceal my tools. For me, it prints a lot for whatever reason.

I've been carrying a SOF-TW centerline on a PHLster Flex between the AIWB holster and a mag carrier for the last year or so. I haven't found a more discrete way to carry a real TQ other than maybe an ankle carrier, and that's not really an option in shorts or .mil uniform. If you're wearing a sport coat, I dig the idea of using its pockets since a little extra weight never hurt an open-front garment on a draw anyway.