Medical Provider Roll Call

A910

Out of curiousity, how many Licensed/Certified FIELD providers (IE: Out of hospital such as EMS, 98W, Corpsman etc.) do we have on the forum?

A910

Good to see I'm not the only Ritalin Kiddie of the medical world roaming the forums.

EMT-I, Both 911 and Extended transport. Part of the Critical Care crew for when shit gets real and the air crews aren't flying. Donate my time to provide medical support for the LEO side of things.

Lane C

Rico and the Man
Staff member
Where did you pick up your Wilderness EMT cert?
Did my EMT-B with the state. Then got sent to the university for a NOLS WUMP course. After attending the upgrade and working with some of the students that had attended the WEMT in Lander I was impressed by their skill level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TomF

Brand new medic here, career change from firearm industry sales. I'm going to continue to nursing via bridge program once I meet the requirements. Prob stay on the road as a part time gig.

I work in a county of 350k, the company services 6 counties with a total of about a million residents.

A910

Brand new medic here, career change from firearm industry sales. I'm going to continue to nursing via bridge program once I meet the requirements. Prob stay on the road as a part time gig.

I work in a county of 350k, the company services 6 counties with a total of about a million residents.

Welcome to the disfunctional family! If you don't have an undiagnosed mental disorder right now, you'll have one by the time you're finished. Seen enough Psyche evals to prove it.

Max D

Corvus Training Group
I could only find references to EMT-PS in Iowa. Is it like a CCEMT-P or an FP-C?

A910

If I understand it correctly Iowa WAS the only state to have EMT-PS. With the new national curriculum we're transitioning the the NREMT-P or PM certification. EMT-PS was pretty much the national standard Medic plus/minus a couple skills. Basically same shit under a different name.

Critical Care Paramedics (CCP's) are still considered PM's or PS's but they are granted an expanded scope (with medical director approval of course). Critical Care is merely an ENDORSEMENT in Iowa. Not an additional license/certification. You still have educational requirements to maintain the CC endorsement but also have to maintain your PM educational requirements. CCP skills used to be limited to only interfacility transports but in the last year or two the state expanded their role to be able to apply their CC scope to the field (such as 911 environments).