M82A1 setup?

Yo_Adrian_G

Amateur
Anyone ever setup a .50BMG? Got a screaming deal on one and I want to take it out. My max range is 500 yards but I have a few places a few hours drive that go out to 1000. What can I expect from it and whats a realistic setup for it?

I have a buddy who is heavy in to long range precision has a barret model 99 or 95 (cant remember off the top of my head). He has played around with different optic and moint combos with his primary concern being having enough adjustment with a 100 yard zero. I've shot it and it is surprisingly easy to shoot. Ammo is expensive and can be hard to find. His primary goal is to take that gun to a mile (easy to do in the nevada desert). If you have any very specific questions I cant answer I'll ask him to elaborate. The set up he had when I shot it was with a tango 6-24. I believe he is in the market for a mark 5 now to up the magnification and get a grid style reticle.

Yo_Adrian_G

Amateur
I have a buddy who is heavy in to long range precision has a barret model 99 or 95 (cant remember off the top of my head). He has played around with different optic and moint combos with his primary concern being having enough adjustment with a 100 yard zero. I've shot it and it is surprisingly easy to shoot. Ammo is expensive and can be hard to find. His primary goal is to take that gun to a mile (easy to do in the nevada desert). If you have any very specific questions I cant answer I'll ask him to elaborate. The set up he had when I shot it was with a tango 6-24. I believe he is in the market for a mark 5 now to up the magnification and get a grid style reticle.
Thank you sir!