Optic clearance variables

Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade the rings (currently ADM scout QD same plane) on my Rem 700 to Nightforce A265/A266. Scope is an Athlon Midas 50mm, rail is a PRI 20moa, barrel is sport contour (but will likely swap it in the next year for a Proof sendero). Will the 1" height of the mid rings give me clearance of the barrel or do I need high 1.125" rings? Thanks.

tylerw02

Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade the rings (currently ADM scout QD same plane) on my Rem 700 to Nightforce A265/A266. Scope is an Athlon Midas 50mm, rail is a PRI 20moa, barrel is sport contour (but will likely swap it in the next year for a Proof sendero). Will the 1" height of the mid rings give me clearance of the barrel or do I need high 1.125" rings? Thanks.

You just need to measure yourself using the the dimensions on the NF webpage for those rings. With your combination of rail and so on it’s going to be hard for somebody to give you an answer.

Additionally, you should measure for the barrel you intend to have added to the gun rather than the one you have.

It’s always easier to go higher than you need because you can always build up your cheek. But you cannot make rings too low work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk